We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Butchart Gardens

san jose
3 posts
Save Topic
How to get to Butchart Gardens

Hi,

I'll be staying at The Victoria REgent Hotel, I have no car, and I don't want to pay to have bus tour to get me to the Gardens.

What is the cheapest way to get to the Butchart Gardens? Regular bus? Taxi?

If i only purchase the Butchart Gardens ticket, would they allow me to stay late to watch the fireworks or I'll have to purchase a show ticket in order to see?

Thanks so much,

Lisa

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Butchart Gardens

Hi Lisa:

The absolute cheapest way to the gardens is taking the City Bus (#75). The stop is walking distance from your hotel. If you are planning to watch the fireworks, I'm not sure if the last #75 leaves from the Gardens after the fireworks in which case you might have a problem. The other alternative is to take the Grayline Butchart Gardens shuttle express (it does leave after the fireworks) and it is $7.50 each way. The City bus will cost you around $3-4 each way. It's probably more efficient and economical to take the shuttle express which departs from the Victoria bus depot. The city bus is inconvenient and a long trip but it can be done so it depends on your preference. Definitely don't take a taxi - you might as well take the bus tour if you're willing to spend that much (it's about $40 each way plus admission to the Gardens) as opposed to the $50 Butchart Tour which includes admission into the gardens. When you calculate it out, the cost difference between the shuttle express and the tour is only about $10-$15. The bonus with the tour is that they will pick you up from your hotel for free, it's fully narrated and it includes admission to the Gardens. The shuttle express does not include admission to the Gardens ($25) and you need to make your own way to and from the bus depot.

The good news is that regular admission to the Gardens on Saturday includes the fireworks so no need to buy a show ticket.

san jose
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Butchart Gardens

Thanks so much for your help. Your message is so detail.

I'll take the grayline bus (don't mind walking) as for two of us, it would safe us about $32.

We would leave to Vancouver on the Saturday. So we will see the garden on this Friday. Does that mean the park either don't have fireword on a weekdays or it does, but park people will sell tickets for that?

One more question, we only have one luggage. What is the fastest, cheapest way to get to Vancouver? If you don't mind am asking you again.

Thanks again,

Lisa

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Butchart Gardens

The fireworks are only on Saturday nights.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Butchart Gardens

Lisa, I think I have an even better solution for you! Unfortunately, the fireworks are only on Saturdays so you may be out of luck. But since your travels are taking you back to Vancouver, I can tell you that Pacific Coach Lines offers a special tour which departs downtown Victoria, stops at the Butchart Gardens and then continues on to downtown Vancouver. I think this would be the most convenient way for you to get back to Vancouver and see the Gardens. It will also save you money by combining both into one trip.

See link below:

pacificcoach.com/tours/gardensviavancouver

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Butchart Gardens

Thanks "dforce" that is a great link!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,554 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Butchart Gardens

You know, this "how to get to Buchart Gardens" question comes up SO frequently. Has anyone put together an article with this info? Would save you providing these wonderfully detailed answers over and over and over. :>

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Butchart Gardens

You know, you're absoltely right! Let me start writing that right now...

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Butchart Gardens

Well, I'm all done the article. I think I've covered everything. Happy reading to everyone! I hope it helps...

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to Butchart Gardens

Heee! Thanks so much!

10. Re: How to get to Butchart Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Victoria
Recent Conversations