We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's new in Victoria?

Calgary
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
What's new in Victoria?

My Fiance and I are visiting Victoria May 3-5 and staying at the Victoria Regent. Victoria is actually my hometown, but I have not made it back for 4 years. We are big foodies and are interested in checking out the small, cool more casual restaurants and wine bars around downtown, rather than fine dining. What is new and interesting?

We will be going to my old favourites - Ferris', Tapas Bar, and Pag's as well.

Also, should we walk around the dockside green to see what's happening there? Or is it a big construction site? I'm looking for interesting walking tours I can take my fiance on. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Victoria Regent Hotel
Victoria Regent Hotel
1,569 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's new in Victoria?

Hi:

Dockside Green is still pretty much a construction site. You will certainly notice some changes but the development is still a long way to completion.

As for small, cool casual restaurants:

Try Red Fish, Blue Fish;

Floyd's Diner for breakfast;

Walking Tours:

My favourite is John Adam's Ghostly Walks. He also operates walking tours of China Town. Check them out at www.discoverthepast.com

On the City of Victoria website, you should be able to find self-directed walking tours.

Mentioned in this post
Red Fish Blue Fish
Red Fish Blue Fish
2,388 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Floyd's Diner
Floyd's Diner
281 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
2. Re: What's new in Victoria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 07:23