We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn at Laurel Point vs Chateau Victoria

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Topic
Inn at Laurel Point vs Chateau Victoria

This is my third trip to Victoria. I will be going through Clipper Vacations. Previously I have stayed at the Coast (excellent) and the Worldmark (right next door). I'm trying to figure out where the Inn at Laurel Point is located?

The Inn at Laurel Point seems to get better reviews than Chateau Victoria. I am looking for a hotel that is easy walk to the inner harbor (something a tad closer than the Coast/Worldmark perhaps.

We would like some kitchen ammenities available too, in order to save some $$$.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inn at Laurel Point vs Chateau Victoria

for starters of course, check travelers' reviews etc. at tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g154945-Victoria_Vanc…

both are an easy walk to the inner harbour. the chateau is right downtown, three blocks away. the inn is on a point on the water, also about three blocks from the innermost harbour.

the chateau is popular with business people due in part to its location. on top is Vista 18, the only rooftop restaurant in the city ... used to be the Parrot House. Mixed reviews over the years, but a real favourite of mine.

the Inn is a luxury hotel with beautiful vistas, especially from the bar across the decorative pools to the harbour. quiet and elegant. excellent dining too.

can't speak to kitchen amenities .. maybe ask directly?

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn at Laurel Point vs Chateau Victoria

mskitty

my vote out of the two having stayed at both is Laurel Point,overall better property IMO

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inn at Laurel Point vs Chateau Victoria

Much thanks to both of you. Finances got in the way and I have had to postpone my trip. That darn Clipper commerical is making me nuts lol.

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
746 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inn at Laurel Point vs Chateau Victoria

Here is a link to a map that shows the relative locations of Victoria's harbour hotels. The link is from the Victoria Conference Centre website so that is what the big yellow star is. But its a great map showing where the hotels are.

victoriaconference.com/_pdf/city_hotels_map.…

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Inn at Laurel Point vs Chateau Victoria

Thank you, that will come in handy for future trips!

6. Re: Inn at Laurel Point vs Chateau Victoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2009, 07:20