We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a great pub!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,371 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a great pub!

I know many folks do afternoon tea- but we are really yearning for a great pub experience- we're staying pretty near theEmpress- where should we go that's walkable or possible by bus?

Victoria B.C.
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
332 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a great pub!

Hi Lulutoo!

Great pubs in downtown Victoria:

The Irish Times is relatively new to Victoria and although I've only been there once, I had a delicious pizza!! They often have live music and it seems to be quite a popular place to go!!

Swans Brew Pub-they brew their own beer, you can get a sampler to get an idea of which flavour is going to be your favourite! They even have a raspberry flavour beer! Good food and live music as well!!

Spinnakers isn't right downtown but you can take the cute little Inner Harbour Ferry to it, or walk, or bus/drive there. It's right on the water, great atmosphere, food etc.

The Strathcona/StickyWicket is probably our largest pub/restaurant/night club/roof top bar. They have a pool room, roof top volleyball ect ect.

Then there's Darcy's, Canoe Club, Garrick's Head (across from the Irish Times), and I'm sure other people will have suggestions too.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a great pub!

CanadianTravelChick1's suggestion of the ferry to Spinaker's is a great idea ... maybe go there for lunch and one of the others for dinner. Strathcona rooftop is another good lunch spot.

The newest pub is the Bard & Banker Public House which like many of the others she mentions is on Government Street just a short walk from the Empress area.

Parksville, B.C.
Level Contributor
136 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a great pub!

I too would recommend Spinnakers. They have a wide variety of beer to try. There is a harbour ferry stop right there, and that's worth a trip all by itself. Plus if you want to walk it off afterward, you can continue along the path to West Bay Marine village, and take the return ferry from there. It's right along the water, with great views of the city.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,371 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a great pub!

Thanks all- good thing we'll be there for three nights- I think we'll try to hit them all!

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a great pub!

Great deck & food

Glo Euro Pub www.gloeuropub.com

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a great pub!

Glo is a great idea!!

And you can take the little harbour ferry right to it's door

Dallas
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a great pub!

Glo looks like a great place for lunch on the water. We're staying at the Delta Ocean Pointe, and it looks like we can just take the Harbour Ferry right to there. (Hard to tell from the ferry site map, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.)

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a great pub!

I was about to chime with all the great pubs that are suggested above :)

YUM :)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,371 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a great pub!

Well, we had the BEST time in Victoria thanks to all of you!! We got to Sticky Wicket and Irish Times as well- and we were at IT for 2/1 Fish n Chips Day- heaven! Unfortunately did not get to the Spinnaker or Glo but I did see the little harbor boats you spoke of- I will say Victoria was so terrfic and so nicely accessible from Seattle via Victoria Clipper that I am sure we will be back for another pub crawl in the future- so we'll keep the otehrs on the "to do" list.

What a great town! Thanks!

10. Re: Looking for a great pub!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 05:31