We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

victoria to nanaimo to butcharts?

CA
2 posts
Save Topic
victoria to nanaimo to butcharts?

My children really want to go play in the trees at Wild Park in Nanaimo.

My mom and I want to see the night show at butcharts.

I was thinking that if we rent a car we can leave early to nanaimo and spend the morning there and then leave for an evening at butcharts.

Opinions? How long is the drive from victoria to nanaimo? How long is the drive from nanaimo to butcharts? Is this do-able or is are these places in different directions?

Thanks in advance

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: victoria to nanaimo to butcharts?

It's 1 1/2 hrs between Victoria and Nanaimo. On the return you could take the ferry (25 mins) from Mill Bay to Brentwood Bay then drive to Butchart, rather than driving all the way back. See www.bcferries.com Where it says "Plan Your Trip" in the "Leaving From" box click on Mill Bay under the Vancouver Island departures for the time schedule.

2. Re: victoria to nanaimo to butcharts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 07:18