We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Dinner

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
400 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Dinner

My parents and I will be traveling to Victoria on Dec 24 - Dec 27 this year. I've been trying to find restaurants that offer a Christmas dinner, but not having any luck so far. I figured that since it is November now, I'd have more luck.

Any recommendations for places that have historically had nice Christmas dinners? Budget is not really a concern (looking for something under $125 pp before drinks).

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Dinner

If you are going to have a car, Butchart Gardens usually does a special Christmas dinner. We haven't gone but friends have and they enjoyed it very much. I don't see any info on their website as yet but you could contact them.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Dinner

beanweb

Where are you staying?

Inner harbour hotels/resorts will have dinners going on

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Dinner

We'll be staying at Hotel Grand Pacific and will not have a car. We're currently planning to be at Butchart on Christmas Eve, so would prefer something else for Christmas dinner. We do not necessarily need to eat in our hotel (or a hotel nearby)...just looking for a really nice meal to enjoy Christmas!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Dinner

I'd recommend the Harbour House Restaurant. I have been there twice for Christmas dinner and it is very nice. They have a couple of seating times and a set menu with a choice of entrees. Based on what I recall of the price from a couple of years ago, it will likely be around $50 per person.

The restaurant is located only a couple of blocks from the Hotel Grand Pacific,.

www.victoriaharbourhouse.com/contact.html

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Dinner

What about the Empress Hotel for a very special Christmas dinner?? And then have a drink in the lobby afterwards....very nice

victoria
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Dinner

Eat at the Grand Hotel. It has Christmas dinner for the guests. It's a good restaurant

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Dinner

if all else fails you can always come over to our house!!!!!

Just kiddin, we will be away at Christmas, hope you have a wonderful get- away with your parents.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Dinner

Empress Hotel

Grand Pacific

Samuels

Executive House

Magnolia Hotel

Ocean Point

Laurel Point

All have wonderful Christmas dinners - My family is eating at Laurel Point

9. Re: Christmas Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2010, 06:15