We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best cheesecake in Victoria?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Best cheesecake in Victoria?

Normally, I am the one answering questions rather than asking them. But this is one that I could not answer on my own....

Who has the best cheesecake in Victoria? I went to the Upper Deck Sports Bar today inside the Travelodge on the Gorge to watch the Canada vs. USA olympic hockey game and I bumped into the chef who claimed that he had the best cheesecake in Victoria with more than 50 different flavours!

I tried his chocolate mousse flavour and I have to admit that it was fantastic! You wouldn't think that a sports bar would be known for their cheesecake but then it got me thinking.....who else in Victoria has amazing cheesecake?

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best cheesecake in Victoria?

Chowhound has an active Victoria contingent maybe they can help your quest.

http://chowhound.chow.com/boards/85

Victoria B.C.
Level Contributor
332 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best cheesecake in Victoria?

Pagliacci's has awesome cheesecake....mmmmmmm

If I ever want a rich, delicious slice of cheesecake, that's where I always go. They don't have a huge selection of flavours, but what they do have is delish!!

I will now have to go to the Upper Deck and try theirs!!

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best cheesecake in Victoria?

I live right by the Upper Deck and wouldn't think of it for dessert. Actually I rarely think of it at all. I think I'll have to wander up there one night and try it!

I usually buy a slice from the Millstream Market and take it home.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best cheesecake in Victoria?

That's exactly what I said to the chef! Serving such a fantastic dessert in a sports bar just doesn't do it justice simply for the reason that nobody goes to a sports bar for dessert! ...and he's also cutting off a huge portion of the market that would eat cheesecake (families & teens) because they can't go to a pub! But you can take out :)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best cheesecake in Victoria?

Market on Yates (which i imagine is the same recipe as the Market on Millstream.)

Hands down the absolute best cheesecake anywhere in town.

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best cheesecake in Victoria?

Yes, Market on Yates as well. There's just more flavour selection at the bigger Market on Millstream! Still good cheesecake. Hmmm now I'm gonna have to go get some. Darn food related posts making me hungry!

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best cheesecake in Victoria?

>>>>Pagliacci's has awesome cheesecake....mmmmmmm<<<<

Yup what they posted :) I have the recipe from someone Iknew years ago who worked there but it doesn't taste as magically delicous as it does at Paggs

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best cheesecake in Victoria?

I wouldn't call it the best, but the cheesecake on a stick from more than one of the chocalate shops has to at least be in the conversation. Especially when it's dipped in Lindt chocolate!

Very tasty and extra points for portability.

9. Re: Best cheesecake in Victoria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2010, 05:15