We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Cushy" Whale watching

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
"Cushy" Whale watching

Does anyone know of a whale watching tour that does not use kodiak-type boats? I would like to go with my parents but I am not sure they would enjoy the kodiak experience as much as they would a boat they can get up and walk around. A toilet is a must as well for a 3-4 hr ride. If it were up to me, I'd be on the zodiak if not a kayak!

We will be on Vancouver Island June 9th-10th, and are staying in Victoria, so could potentially drive to Sidney or even Nanaimo for the trip. Would like to maximize water time and whale spotting time too :)

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Victoria B.C.
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Cushy" Whale watching

The Prince of Whales is one of the most popular companies that I know of, and it offers the OCEAN MAGIC CRUISER TOUR. You can "move freely between the open air outdoor decks and interior heated cabins while enjoying beverage service and the comfort of on-board washrooms. The vessels are equipped with hydrophones to hear the whale vocalization."

www.princeofwhales.com/victoria_tours.html

Spring Tide also offers a tour on a 61′ Ocean Cruiser. It too has an outside deck and heated interior, as well as washroom facilities.

http://www.victoriawhaletours.com/

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Cushy" Whale watching

I would recommend Orca Spirit for a covered boat tour. While I like the Ocean Magic, it can get chilly on board as there is no enclosed area. As for Spring Tide, the boat is not that easy to navigate and walk around.

3. Re: "Cushy" Whale watching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2010, 04:16