We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Victoria.

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Victoria.

Meeting friends in Victoria in late august. Flying into Vancouver and staying a night then off to Victoria for a week. Suggestions please on how I should traverse the piece of water between the two. Just me and my case. Fly or perhaps a ferry, from where? Not been to this part of the planet and at a bit of a loss.

calgary
Level Contributor
4,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Victoria.

Catch a Pacific Coach bus in downtown Vancouver, it takes you right onto the ferry, get out and enjoy the beautiful trip through the Gulf Islands, and then the bus takes you right into downtown Victoria. Cheaper and more scenic than flying.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Victoria.

I concur. Ferry is by far the best way to get to Victoria and back. The last 30 min or so on the trip to Victoria is absolutely beautiful. I would check the bus and ferry schedule to see if you can get aboard the new ferries.

Victoria
Level Contributor
64 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Victoria.

I always suggest to friends visiting us to take the Pacific Coach bus from Vancouver to Victoria. It's a hassle-free trip. Sit back and enjoy the scenery. Price includes ferry fee. All my friends so far have enjoyed the trip.

It's also the cheapest hassle-free way to get to Victoria from the mainland.

zb

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,936 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Victoria.

pacificcoach.com

from Pacific Central Station in Vancouver - accessible by skytrain from Waterfront, Burrard, Granville or Stadium Stations for $2.50 - to downtown Victoria bus depot behind the Empress Hotel on the Inner Harbour.

You could fly one way for a stunning sightseeing flight (nice day only) on Harbour Air, 35 minutes harbour to harbour. www.harbour-air.com. They are seaplanes so they have some kind of weight limit for luggage, although one poster talked to them about overage and they handled it beautifully, so heavy luggage can be done.

Edited: 14 July 2010, 16:52
Scotland
Level Contributor
62 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Victoria.

+1 for the seaplane ride with Harbour Air. We did this from Victoria to Vancouver a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing. No problems with luggage although they don't guarantee you can take more than 25lbs on the flight with you. We had more than that so we dropped our bags off at the terminal in the morning and they flew standby and were waiting for us when we arrived! Was a bit more expensive than the coach/ferry but not that much more when you consider it is far quicker and far far more spectacular.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Victoria.

Thanks all. Ferry one way and perhaps fligt back.

Very helpfull.

Wai.

7. Re: Getting to Victoria.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2011, 05:17