We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomadations in Victoria for smoker

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
Save Topic
Accomadations in Victoria for smoker

Hi all

Will be travelling to Victoria in October. Travel companion is a smoker. Any of the mid to higher priced hotels allow smoking on balconies in the Inner Harbour area?

Thanks.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,614 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomadations in Victoria for smoker

Last summer I noticed guests smoking on balconies along from mine at Laurel Point Inn - not sure if this was "allowed", or if no one had complained. Certainly it didn't bother me.

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomadations in Victoria for smoker

Thanks phpr - I will pass the info.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,958 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomadations in Victoria for smoker

Hey BC ~ the hotel you end up being interested in would have a 1 800 number. A ressie clerk would have that answer.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomadations in Victoria for smoker

right, call 800 #.

some of the better hotels with balconies include Laurel Point and Grand Pacific ... others may have additional suggestions.

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomadations in Victoria for smoker

Thanks for the advice mufti and tennisjazz.

I am familiar with Victoria but it has been a couple of years since I booked accommodations there. Is the Chateau Victoria decent enough? Location suits us and the one bedroom looks comfortable. Anyone have any feedback out there?

Thanks.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomadations in Victoria for smoker

i haven't stayed there, but when i've had occasion to visit (e.g., for airport shuttle pickup), the staff has always been very friendly and helpful. nice bar in lower area too :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,958 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomadations in Victoria for smoker

Stayed there half a dozen times and I like it. The location is really good and the rooms are big enough and quality enough. Once had a roaring good conversation with tourists from the States in the lounge off the lobby. Personable bar tender. The front desk staff can be a bit "preoccupied" sometimes. The rooms are standard rooms up to the 5th?, maybe 6th? floor and then above that are all 1 bd suites. So it might be worthwhile to spring for that. There has been construction between it and the waterfront, so I don't know if those suites still have the views they used to. Also beware, if you get a standard room that some of the lower floors at the back look right out over the roof with all the vent thingamajiggies sticking up and whirling around - not a great view. The corner room we had once was nice. We often choose it because it is in "the middle" half way to the RBCM and half way up Gov't to the Bay?Eaton's? Center for shopping.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomadations in Victoria for smoker

I'm sure that all hotels would tell you that smoking is not permitted even on the balcony. I had a great stay at the marriot harbourside hotel.. fantastic hotel and all the rooms have a large balcony. I kept a pepsi bottle half full of water for the butts and ashes and it was there the whole stay. The hotel didn't say anything.

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomadations in Victoria for smoker

Thanks for your help everyone!

All of the suggested hotels were on our list but we have decided to stay at the Chateau Victoria. It is only a couple of blocks away from where we will be attending a function plus the parking is included so the extra 100.00 will go nicely towards my shopping fund!

Wooooooo and Hooooooooo ;-)

10. Re: Accomadations in Victoria for smoker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 06:16