We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peanut/tree nut allergy aware restaurants

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
Level Contributor
658 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Peanut/tree nut allergy aware restaurants

Can anyone recommend restaurants that can accomodate a peanut and treenut allergy? Thanks.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peanut/tree nut allergy aware restaurants

I would speculate that most restaurants would be able too. Just ask prior to ordering which dishes are nut free.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,552 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peanut/tree nut allergy aware restaurants

I would say that any decent restaurant would be prepared to meet your needs. I would suggest phoning ahead to discuss this situation when you are ready to make a reservation. We are very conscious here of allergies and dietary needs. Quite a bit of gluten free (celiac disease) awareness. Quite a focus on healthy eating. All chefs would be very aware of nut allergies and would respond very favourably to your request but would appreciate some advanced notice about it, 2-3 hours maybe. This would ensure that you get what you need.

I once was in a restaurant in St. John's, really late and tired, and said, I want to order off menu, this is what I would like. (no allergies involved) Would you mind checking with the kitchen. The chef was completely accommodating and made my day!

You can get your mouth watering by browsing http://www.yelp.ca/vancouver and jotting down some phone numbers.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,587 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peanut/tree nut allergy aware restaurants

As others said, we are pretty allergy aware,, but I would phone down and ask to talk to chef,, since peanut/nut allergies can be so life threatning I think it is important to discuss that even cross contaimination can be lethel,, no cutting veggies on the board then just chopped the pecans on etc..

What type of food do you like, sushi, steakhouse, seafood, high end, low end, Italian , French , Thai, Vietnmese, Chinese, etc etc... it would help if you desrcribe a bit more of what you are looking for.

4. Re: Peanut/tree nut allergy aware restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 04:16