We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Inn at Laurel Point to Pat Bay Seaplane?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Inn at Laurel Point to Pat Bay Seaplane?

We are staying at the Inn and I would assume there is a shuttle from the airport, but we are going on a seaplane tour and need to meet at the base which is close to the airport. Is a best bet a cab, or is there good available public transporatation? Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,395 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Inn at Laurel Point to Pat Bay Seaplane?

A taxi from LPI to YYJ would cost quite a bit, perhaps $50+. You could take the AKAL Airporter shuttle between your hotel and the airport

www.victoriaairportshuttle.com

and then see if the float plane people would shuttle you from there. If they don't offer a shuttle service, then a taxi would take 4-5 minutes.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Inn at Laurel Point to Pat Bay Seaplane?

May I ask why you are choosing a tour from the Pat Bay Seaplane base? There are numerous tours from Victoria`s Inner Harbour which are comparable in price if not better. Hyack Air is one company that you might try.

Whether or not it makes sense to take the airporter will depend on how many people there are in your party. You might just find it more convenient and cost effective to take a taxi although it is quite expensive.

There is actually a way to get there by public bus which will cost you $2.50 per person. It involves taking the number 70 bus and changing to the number 83.

Go to Google Maps and enter your departure and arrival location as follows:

Inn at Laurel Point, Montreal Street, Victoria, British Columbia

Widgeon Dr, North Saanich, Capital Regional District, British Columbia V8L 5V6

Widgeon Dr is where the float plane base is located. Then hit search and be sure to select the transit icon. That will provide you with at least 3 options on what buses to take. You can then take the route numbers and customize your own schedule using the times indicated on the BC Transit website.

Public transit is definitely the cheapest although not necessarily the most convenient. I would ensure that the money you are saving from taking a tour from the Pat Bay base justifies the expensive cab ride if that is the option you choose.

You might also consider renting a car for the day and taking time to explore the Saanich Peninsula, Sidney, and Butchart Gardens while you are out that way.

Mentioned in this post
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Sidney
Sidney
Vancouver Island, Canada
The Butchart Gardens
The Butchart Gardens
9,022 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Inn at Laurel Point to Pat Bay Seaplane?

Thanks, I think I am going to rent a car since we are there for 5 days and I think everything is farther away then I thought.

Victoria
Level Contributor
56 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Inn at Laurel Point to Pat Bay Seaplane?

D-Forces question remains valid though. Are you sure your seaplane leaves from the airport(on land)? Harbour Air and Westcoast Air fly out of the harbour - in fact you'll see these planes all day from the Laurel Point (great hotel!)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Inn at Laurel Point to Pat Bay Seaplane?

It's a friend of the family and I rented a car just for the day.

Thanks though.

6. Re: Transportation from Inn at Laurel Point to Pat Bay Seaplane?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 14:16