We have been planning this trip for a while now and we've concluded the following itinerary. We are a family of 4 with 2 kids aged 10 & 8 traveling to BC from Orlando, Fla on July 2 through July 10.
We will be arriving in Vancouver, BC on July 2 at 11am. After clearing customs and Immigration, we will be catching the Pacific Coach Line to Victoria where we will arrive at 5:30pm.
As we were planning to visit th Gardens (Butchart) for its concerts and to enjoy the scenery there, we figured that we won't have time that very same Saturday (July 2) to head to Butchart. To be rescheduled.
At any rate, here is a first shot at an itinerary for our family of 4:
Saturday, July 2 : (night 1 in Victoria)
Arrive at 11am in Vancouver. Head to Victoria and arrive there at 5:30pm. Check in hotel in Harbour area.
Sunday, July 3 (night 2 in Victoria)
Victoria Activities all day (downtown and Inner Harbour)
• Visit Miniature World
• Visit Undersea Gardens
• Visit Royal BC Museum
• Visit Craigdarroch Castle
• Feed the seals at Fisherman's Wharf
• Tour around the BC Legislature (Parliament & Government buildings)
• Check out old town/china town area
• Bug Zoo
Monday, July 4 (night 3 in Victoria)
Rent a car and then head out to the Pacific Marine Circle Route (www.pacific marinecircle route.com):
• Sooke Pot holes (Swimming Holes) and other attractions –distance from Victoria : 23 miles.
• Port Renfrew’s Botanical beach (71 miles) and marine wonders with Juan de fuca marine trail and suspension bridge , close by is the Avatar grove (75 miles); red creek fir (82 miles), San Juan Spruce (87 miles)…check out the town. Also check out Chemainus for murals, Botanical Beach and Port Renfrew as well as Juan de fuca trail
Tuesday, July 5 (night 4 in Victoria)
AM: Rent bicycles to ride around Galloping trail, Oak bay, Dallas Road
PM Head to Butchart Gardens
Wednesday, July 6 (night 1 in Vancouver)
Thursday, July 7 (night 2 in Vancouver)
Friday, July 8 (1 night in Whistler)
Head to Whistler –Spend the day and the night there
Saturday, July 9 (spend day in Whistler and head back to Vancouver for night 3)
Sunday, July 10
Fly back home at YVR (Vancouver)
Question 1: Is this itinerary doable? if not, I am wide open to suggestions.
Question 2: Can we do the following activities during oun timeframe in Vancouver, BC:
Granville Island and False Creek
Lynn Canyon Susp Bridge
Van Dusen Gardens
Queen Elizabeth Park
Vancouver downtown area
For the above question 2, can someone breakdown the activities outlined above for Vancouver to reflect our time in Vancouver, as we set aside 1 night in Whistler?,
Open to all feedback and better suggestions in terms of itinerary to make the best and the most out of our stay in BC.