We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal British Columbia Museum, time to allow for visit?

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Royal British Columbia Museum, time to allow for visit?

How much time should we allow for a visit to the Royal British Columbia Museum? Thanks!

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal British Columbia Museum, time to allow for visit?

2-3 hours should do it.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,308 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal British Columbia Museum, time to allow for visit?

My answer at first blush would be 3 hours but obviously you could make it shorter.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28,005 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal British Columbia Museum, time to allow for visit?

I would typically say about 3 hrs, but we were there a few weeks ago and was surprised when we got through in 2. However, I was with my kids, who rush through everything, and I wasn't overly interested in the temporary exhibits.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal British Columbia Museum, time to allow for visit?

I can easily spend a whole day there, but then my wife says that i am anal about reading all the display information and seeing everything.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,218 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal British Columbia Museum, time to allow for visit?

I would say about 3 hours,, it can be more with kids, depending on their ages and how engaged you get them with the displays.. many are interactive sort of.. like the "old town" etc.. Some people say they can do a museum in a very short time, but that depends on how one does it,, I personally could march through the museum in about 20 minutes,, but then couldn't stop and look at any exhibits , so realistically I think 2 hours is a minimum,, and you could easily spend 3 or 4 if you stop for a coffee break!

6. Re: Royal British Columbia Museum, time to allow for visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 03:18