We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good eats around the Delta Victoria Resort

Saskatoon, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good eats around the Delta Victoria Resort

We are staying at the Delta and would like ideas for good, cheap meals around the hotel for breakfast especially, but also casual lunches and suppers. Oh yeah, and good coffee!

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
573 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good eats around the Delta Victoria Resort

Google Maps will help you. Locate the hotel, then "Search nearby"

Among the ones listed there, Canoe Brewpub has good beer and wine and good food.

Bard & Banker (and nearby Irish Times, same owner) are good high-end pubs, so is Swan's right across the bridge from the hotel. You might like Sauce. Fiamo is getting good reviews, but it's new and I haven't been. Chinatown isn't far either.

A little farther across in the Atrium building, Habit coffee, Pig for BBQ and pulled pork, and the very excellent Zambri's for modern Italian. Opposite the hotel and near the float planes, Red Fish Blue Fish (worth lining up for!).

Breakfast at Willie's Bakery (537 Johnson, just across the bridge), Mo:le, the new Shine, 1320 Blanshard at Johnson, and don't rule out the hotel. Order carefully and revel in the view.

Coffee? Gosh, where to start? Superior coffee at all the following: Up Tyee road to Buon Amici and Caffe Fantastico (down behind on Harbour Rd). Across the bridge to Serious Coffee, Trounce Alley; Bean Around the World, 533 Fisgard; Habit Coffee, 552 Pandora; Murchie's, 1110 Goverment (fine china and art-show pastries); Union Pacific Coffee, 537 Herald St.; Caffe Artigiano on Government St., Dolce Vita on Douglas ... enough? There's no excuse for going to S*a*b*c*s.

Saskatoon, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good eats around the Delta Victoria Resort

I wrote down all your suggestions, thanks. I think we may just eat our way though Victoria!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,566 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good eats around the Delta Victoria Resort

I have been to Spinnakers just down Songhees to the west of the hotel many times for breakfast.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
364 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good eats around the Delta Victoria Resort

some real good info given already here are a few more.Spinnakers for lunch or snacks and a craft brew.Ferris Oyster Bar,The Tapas Bar.For breakfast Blue Fox and Johns Place but there are almost allways line ups.these will all come up when googled

breakfast at the hotel is expensive but very good and a great view and we love their coffee

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good eats around the Delta Victoria Resort

If you decide to have breakfast at Ocean Pointe.

Their pancakes are the best I've ever had and the serving is large. Definitely big enough to share :)

Edited: 17 September 2011, 23:51
6. Re: Good eats around the Delta Victoria Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 01:19