We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seattle to victoria PM

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
seattle to victoria PM

Is there a way to get from Seattle to Victoria after our plane lands at 11 AM?

Or are we stuck and will have to wait till the next day?

Also could you recommend a one night hotel in Victoria before we go to Vancouver?

Thanks for the help.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seattle to victoria PM

You can get to Victoria on the Clipper catamaran. There are lots of sailings. Here is the link:

victoriaclipper.com/…scheduleseattle2005

What kind of accommodation i.e. price range are you looking for? There are plenty of hotels in the downtown core- which is where you want to be if you only have one day. Check out some on the tourism site.

www.tourismvictoria.com/Content/EN/496.asp

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
170 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seattle to victoria PM

Or you can fly right into Victoria's Inner Harbour on a float plane from Seattle. Check out Kenmore Air for schedules. www.kenmoreair.com/index.php?flash_loaded=1

Victoria, B.C.
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: seattle to victoria PM

As it regards staying in Victoria, there is a "stay overnight Internet Special" - and other packges - described on the Victoria Clipper web site.

Here's the link: http://www.victoriaclipper.com/special_offers

Vancouver
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: seattle to victoria PM

There should be several flights from Sea-Tac to Victoria on any given day. Or you could fly harbour-to-harbour, but expect a restriction on how much luggage you can carry if you do that.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: seattle to victoria PM

Did you mean 11PM instead of 11AM? You might be out of luck, it looks like the latest flight from Seattle to Victoria is an 11pm departure (Horizon Air).

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: seattle to victoria PM

Thanks for the help.

Yes we do get in at 11 AM

We were planning to rent a car and drive first to Vancouver then take a day trip to Victoria.

I was thinking my plans would work bette if we went straight to Victoria the day we land, stay overnight, spend the next day and leave that evening for several days in Vancouver and Whistler.

So I am thinking should I rent a car at the airport or wait until Vancouver?

We are on a budget so flying from Seattle to anywhere in BC is not really an option unless we get a bargain price.

If I don't rent the car at the airport I'm wondering how to get from the airport to the ferry?

Victoria, B.C.
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: seattle to victoria PM

Going to Victoria will involve 2 ferry rides, whether or not you have the car. So it probably comes down to what is best with your arrival time/schedule + most cost-effective. Part of the mix also may be how much you like the freedom (time effectiveness) of a vehicle, although Victoria is a very walking/public transit friendly city.

TAKING THE [passenger-only] VICTORIA CLIPPER

As is the case in most cities :-) ... The quickest way is a taxi from the airport to the ferry, but the cost is usually very high! The method that is reasonably efficient as well as reasonably priced is Grayline's Airporter service - from Sea-Tac to the major hotels. Here is the LINK graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm The driver should be able to tell you which of the hotel stops is closest to the Clipper dock. Once at the closest hotel, simply grab a cab to go the rest of the way.

If you are travelling on/after May 13, there is an afternoon sailing to Victoria – which works with your arrival time. BUT, if travelling before that date, it appears you have to stay in Seattle until the following [early!] morning.

From Victoria downtown to Vancouver downtown, use Pacific Coach Lines. Cost is C$35.-38.00 each.

RENTING CAR IN SEATTLE = two options:

Drive to Vancouver & sightseeing as planned – leaving Victoria until end of trip, then take the BC Ferry to the Island and the COHO ferry back to Seattle.

OR

Begin your trip in Victoria by using the COHO Ferry to get there & plan to return to Seattle from Vancouver by road.

The Coho ferry, out of Port Angeles (Seattle), is for passengers & vehicles. I *think* cost will be around US$53.00. There are afternoon sailings, but day/date of trip comes into it a bit.)

and then

Take BC FERRY from Victoria to Vancouver, at cost of about C$55.00. Add C$18.00(?) if you want to reserve a specific sailing. Depending on the timing of your trip – i.e. how much into “tourist season” – it can useful to reserve so no long wait at the ferry terminal but it’s personal choice, not a necessity.