We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transportation

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
2 posts
Save Topic
Public transportation

When we are in victoria, how do we find out what public transportation is available?

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
540 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transportation

http://www.bctransit.com/regions/vic/

or use Google maps -- put in start and end and use the bus icon.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transportation

You can google the BCTransit site. Or if you are actually in Victoria you can go to the tourist office on the inner harbour, under the art deco seachlight tower with the clock.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transportation

You can google the BCTransit site. Or if you are actually in Victoria you can go to the tourist office on the inner harbour, under the art deco seachlight tower with the clock.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transportation

Thanks - good to know where tourist office is "in case of need" - We've been told our Verizon smart phone will not be active out of the US - we're in our late 70's & new to "lap tops" & technology, so hoping our limited understanding of "wi fi's" will still enable us to connect to the helpful sites mentioned. This will be our first trip out with a lap top.

Appreciate your suggestions -

Are there any good "tea shops" IN Victoria, other than the Empress?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,234 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transportation

The White Heather is a nice option, in Oak Bay and a 15 minute bus ride from the Inner Harbour. Closed Sunday Monday.

You could also have tea at Butchart Gardens.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transportation

Downtown there is Murchies's on Government.

On the Prairies
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Public transportation

I am trying to determine if there is public transportation from Victoria to Port Renfrew. (I see that I can get a city bus to Sooke - Route 61) but am unclear about the other leg. Any inside info. out there? Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,234 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public transportation

Hi jeydudew ~

I'm just passing by here and noticed new activity on this thread. This thread is pretty old now, the OP will likely get notification of new activity on his thread and find that it has nothing to do with him. In general you would be best to post a new question to catch the eye of someone. Only because you want to "be seen." See blue printing that says "ask a question" below the reply box, or on the main forum page of topics, the orange rectangle button that says "ask a question."

There is no public transportation in the form of the kind of public transit you would find in the city. And there is no Greyhound out that way. It's a pretty quiet, unpopulated part of the Island and there would be no demand for public or commercial service.

If you are going between May and Sept, you might be able to take the West Coast Trail Express:

http://www.trailbus.com/

Edited: 31 October 2012, 03:19
Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Public transportation

possibly try victoria craigslist > community > rideshare at

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/rid/

but as mufti says, best to start a new thread

On the Prairies
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Public transportation

MuftiMixandmatch and tennisjazz,

Many thanks for the info and for the insight on starting a new thread. (I haven't much experience with discussion boards - obviously - and found this site when I did a quick search in Google.)

From where the snow lays on the ground, thanks again.

HeyJudeW