We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brunch buffet at the Empress

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
Level Contributor
67 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Brunch buffet at the Empress

About 15 years ago I went to Victoria and at the time the thing to do was have brunch buffet (maybe Sunday brunch,I can't remember) at the Empress. It was a huge, multi-room buffet that was really memorable. We are going back in September but the website seems to only show a curry buffet, which is definitely not the same, looking at the menu. Does anyone know if they discontinued the wonderful brunch? Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brunch buffet at the Empress

I'm replying largely to bump this up. (It's a long weekend here in BC and people are away from the forums.)

We stayed at the Empress over a weekend last year and I do not recall a there being a brunch buffet. I believe, however, that there is a toll-free number of their website - perhaps best to give them a call to confirm this. (Perhaps it was something for a special day, e.g., Mother's Day, when you were last there?)

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brunch buffet at the Empress

There was a wonderful buffet in the basement restaurant of the Empress many years ago, but I think that has been discontinued for quite awhile. Since then, I think I've seen special occasion buffets in some of the banquet rooms or in the Empress Dining Room, but I don't recall anything on a regular basis.

3. Re: Brunch buffet at the Empress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 08:16