We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

victoria crime rate

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
quincy california
3 posts
Save Topic
victoria crime rate

would it be safe to walk a few blocks from a club to my hotel at night with my friends, or would that be a big no no.

BC
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: victoria crime rate

Absolutely! Victoria is very safe. I am in my 20's and would not hesitate to walk with my friends. I would think twice about doing it alone - but with friends without a doubt. And come to think of it alone would be fine - I think I am just paranoid!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,062 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: victoria crime rate

Victoria's a pretty small city, and while there are homeless people and beggars, they aren't armed or dangerous - you just say no and they'll leave you alone. In fact, often the beggars will say, "have a nice day!" regardless of whether you give them money or not.

You'll be completely fine in Victoria.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,062 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: victoria crime rate

Victoria's a pretty small city, and while there are homeless people and beggars, they aren't armed or dangerous - you just say no and they'll leave you alone. In fact, often the beggars will say, "have a nice day!" regardless of whether you give them money or not.

You'll be completely fine in Victoria.

wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
756 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: victoria crime rate

It's very safe. I'm comfortable downtown anytime of the day or night and never worry when my daughter heads out clubbing.

It's still a city, of course. There will be drunk people leaving the bars late at night and we've our share of homeless.

But you and your friends should fel completely comfortable walking from club to hotel late at night.

Have a great time here.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: victoria crime rate

There have been some extraordinary high profile incidents over the years (a fatal stabbing in broad daylight on Douglas Street comes to mind, as well as a car chase/shootout between police and some bank robbers) but generally Victoria is as safe/unsafe as any other place. If you aren't looking for trouble then trouble probably won't find you. Just use your common sense, especially in the wee hours.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: victoria crime rate

and travel to and from with a group...especially after hours in downtown..and I hate to argue with the previous poster, but some of the homeless are VERY aggressive. Generally Victoria is laid back and peaceful, but, afterhours..we have a few problems.

tucson, arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: victoria crime rate

I am a 65 year old grandmother from Tuycson, Arizona. I spent two months alone in Victoria last summer. I was fortunate enough to be there on Canada Day. I traveled from my guest house in Oak Bay to the parking lot of the Victoria museum, spent several hours browsing there and walked over to the Parliament Building around 8:00 p.m. I felt very safe and met many friendly people. I was comfortable enough to stay for the fireworks at 10:30 and felt safe walking back to my car afterwards and driving the beach route home. I explored the lower portion of the island and the entire peninsula during the time I was there and at no time felt threatened or fearful. I did, however, save the exploration of China town until my husband joined me later in the summer but this was most likely my fear of the exotic rather than any real danger. The people who live on this island have to be the luckiest people in the world and extremely safe compared t the states.

Donna Rochester

Tucson, Arizona

wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
756 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: victoria crime rate

It is very safe. I live here, and had no worries when my daughter was in her late-night downtown phase.

And thank you, Arizona Donna.

9. Re: victoria crime rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to copyright infringement. By law, we must remove any messages that include content protected by copyright which has been reproduced without direct permission from the author/publisher -- this includes but is not limited to items copied and pasted from online news agencies, magazines and commercial/personal websites, trademarks, passwords, confidential information, or intellectual property of any other person.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2007, 11:42
10. Re: victoria crime rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 April 2016, 01:00