We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria To Lake Louise

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia, Brisbane
3 posts
Save Topic
Victoria To Lake Louise

Hi all

Will be holidaying in Victoria in September this year for approx ten days visiting family.

Would like to spend 2 days at Lake Louise.

How do I get their from Victoria?. I am assuming I will have to get back to Vancouver and go from their?

Thanks

Alberta
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria To Lake Louise

From Victoria you would have to rent a car, and take the ferry across to Vancouver. Then you can take the Trans Canada Highway all the way from there, or other routes if you wish!

BTD

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria To Lake Louise

HI Oephilia

You could fly from Victoria to Calgary with Westjet for $130.00 cdn each way the flight is aprox.1 1/2 hour long and from Calgary rent a car and drive to Lake Louise which is aprox 1/12 hr drive.Hope this helps

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria To Lake Louise

After you take the ferry to Vancouver, it's about 10 hours of straight driving from Vancouver to Lake Louise. One possibility would be to fly to Calgary (there are some direct flights from Victoria, otherwise you will have to change in Vancouver), rent a car, and drive the 2 hours or so to Lake Louise.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria To Lake Louise

Sorry islandrocking; I didn't see your post.

If you do intend to fly, it's also worth checking Air Canada, as they often have similar, if not lower, fares than Westjet.

5. Re: Victoria To Lake Louise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 02:16