We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accent inns or similar budget accom in Victoria?

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NZ
Level Contributor
178 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Accent inns or similar budget accom in Victoria?

Hi,

We are a family of 4 adults (my parents are travelling with us) and 2 kids age 2&5yrs. We are looking for clean with some cooking facilities accommodation in Victoria for 3 nights mid July. Budget is about $250 cad incl tax per night or less? We found accent inns in Victoria but not sure if the location is good? Tripadvisor reviews on the whole seems ok but my son is allergic to cats and am worried it is pet friendly for some rooms. Please suggest any other suitable accommodation.

We hope to visit butchart gardens, butterfly place, bug zoo and walk around harbour and try out some local cafe/food. We will be renting a car in Vancouver and coming over on the ferry.

Thanks!

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accent inns or similar budget accom in Victoria?

I'd suggest looking at a location that is closer to the Inner Harbour, Helm's Inn and Royal Scot are old faithfuls.. both being bang on for location,amenities and price.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accent inns or similar budget accom in Victoria?

Accent Inn is way up around the Mayfair Shopping Centre and a very busy and congested complex intersection.

I think you will have some difficulty finding something for all of you in one room in July. The Royal Scot has no room for all of you but has 2 suites from about $358 a night.

Close to the Inner Harbour, which would be much better for your visit, you could look into

Helm's Inn, 2 rooms, about $145 per room.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154945-d483914…

Harbour Towers, 2 bedroom suite, $355 a night.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154945-d182587…

Rialto Hotel is at least at the northern edge of the downtown area.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154945-d182584…

I would also suggest you look at vrbo.com which is a realiable Vacation Rental by Owner website. Here are their listings open to Victoria.

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…

Also in my browsing around there seems to be something big in Victoria on July 18-22 or so as a number of hotels have no availability on those nights.

And last but definitely not least is the Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza, downtown, on a reasonably busy street, but the rates are pretty good:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154945-d182061…

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,976 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accent inns or similar budget accom in Victoria?

The Royal Scot was always our choice when traveling with our grandkids when they were pre-teens and young teens. You might also check the Quality Inn downtown. I believe they have units with kitchen amenities. Both are in the downtown, harbor, Legislature area where most of the "tourist" action is located (other than Butchart Gardens, of course).

NZ
Level Contributor
178 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accent inns or similar budget accom in Victoria?

Hi, thanks for all the suggested accommodations. Royal Scot was a bit more than we were hoping to spend. Found a few on the vrbo site thanks MuftiMix. Also we may consider helm's inn.

Is cormorant street a good location near downtown? Found a unit there quite reasonable price.

Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accent inns or similar budget accom in Victoria?

I would say so. It is about 1 km from the Inner Harbour, an easy walk or 10 min on the bus.

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accent inns or similar budget accom in Victoria?

Depending on what block.. if going the VRBO route I'd suggest looking at anything that is Pandora Street and southward.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,608 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accent inns or similar budget accom in Victoria?

Bumping to get ahead of spam....again....

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accent inns or similar budget accom in Victoria?

Try Swan's Suite Hotel. They have some great spaces at reasonable prices, and friends have been known to be upgraded to a better room if the hotel is not full.

http://swanshotel.com/

Very well located with Chinatown, Old Town and Government Street and Wharf Street within blocks.

9. Re: Accent inns or similar budget accom in Victoria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 06:18