We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to visit in the North part of Vancouver Island

Place to visit in the North part of Vancouver Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2016, 10:30
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28,525 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to visit in the North part of Vancouver Island

The two main areas where people base themselves from are Campbell River and Port McNeil/Telegraph Cove. I don't know CR really, but we had a couple of nights camping in TC a couple of years ago and I just fell in love with the area. I thought it was gorgeous.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,508 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to visit in the North part of Vancouver Island

Can recommend Port McNeill.. have stayed at Waters' Edge B&B.. good location for exploring. Alert Bay is a great outing. U'umista Cultural center there.. nice ferry ride from Port McNeill. Fort Rupert , just by Port Hardy, has some excellent First Nations Carvers and artists. You could also look into a short kayak trip with someone like Kingfisher Kayak.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,952 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to visit in the North part of Vancouver Island

Another vote for Port McNeil.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to visit in the North part of Vancouver Island

Campbell River is a great place to visit and has plenty of activities and accommodations to choose from! If you have any questions please feel free to PM me, it's my hometown. Painters Lodge is a great place to stay if you are looking for something on the water. The sea walk is a great way to walk the oceanfront and to have a beach fire at not (if there's no fire ban). The best nights are spent on the beach watching the cruises ships pass by with all of their lights on. If you're lucky and the conditions are right you can sometimes see the northern lights,move seen it a few times. Discovery pier is a great place to visit, you can rent fishing gear and fish off of it. People do catch fish there. Miracle Beach (south of CR) is a gorgeous sandy beach to explore, that offers calm waters for swimming in.

Check it out you won't be disappointed.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to visit in the North part of Vancouver Island

And in Campbell River, the Maritime Heritage Centre beside the pier is a superb place to learn about some of the coastal Marine history. Telegraph Cove is the preferred location for whale and bear tours.

6. Re: Place to visit in the North part of Vancouver Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2014, 06:19