We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

days inn versus royal scot

detroit michigan
Level Contributor
230 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
days inn versus royal scot

I can get a pretty good rate on each of these hotels. We are 3 adults (parents, adult son), and don't need a kitchenette etc. The problem with the Royal Scot is we would have to use a pull out sofa which we are not crazy about. I know it gets good reviews. Should I just suck it up and go there, or is the Days Inn sufficient? We are at the end of a 10 day trip so trying ti keep costs down. Thanks Karen

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,824 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: days inn versus royal scot

My vote would go for the Royal Scot. Days Inn is on Belleville, a busier through street. It has a lounge next to the front door on one side and a large capacity restaurant on the other side. The Royal Scot is on the next street, quiet, treed, much less traffic noise, refreshing. I stayed at Day's Inn many years ago and the rooms were fine but of course can't speak to them now. One thing I do remember at that time was kids in bathing suits and towels hotfooting it down the hall to the pool. But again, that could be different now.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,994 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: days inn versus royal scot

I really like the Royal Scot. Since they are all in same area I guess I'd take whichever one fits your budget. Days Inn is more of a std hotel and Royal Scot is more like a private apt.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,125 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: days inn versus royal scot

I'd be asking your son! And how tall is he? We have had to use a sofa bed in hotels before, and we always take the mattress right out of the sofa, and place it on the floor. That always gives us a better sleep.

detroit michigan
Level Contributor
230 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: days inn versus royal scot

Thanks, i booked at the Royal Scot

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: days inn versus royal scot

Good - my vot would be for the Royal Scot as well. We have stayed there many times.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: days inn versus royal scot

You will love the Royal Scot. Before we had our Worldmark condo available, the Royal Scot was our lodging choice for a majority of our near-annual visits to Victoria (31 trips since 1981). Grandkids loved it when they traveled with us in their teen years.

Our other favorite is the Regent Hotel on the harbor near the Johnson Street bridge. It's a little more spendy, but their 2-BR units are perfect when traveling with another couple or other adults.

Edited: 21 April 2013, 22:05
7. Re: days inn versus royal scot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 06:19