We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YYJ to Swartz Bay?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
Save Topic
YYJ to Swartz Bay?

What are the options for getting from the airport to the ferry terminal? Google Maps leads me to believe the distance is less than 10 km yet can take up to an hour by public transit, just because of wait times, depending on the timing. Is taxi the only other option or are there any other tricks (shuttles, etc) I should know about?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
21,416 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: YYJ to Swartz Bay?

It's a ten minute drive (tops) from the airport to the terminal ...I'd take a cab ... in fact I have taken a cab but it was so long ago I can't remember how much it cost ... I usually have a rental car with me.

I've never seen a shuttle that goes to the ferry terminal. The company that runs the airport shuttle only goes (regularly) between downtown and YYJ

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,286 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: YYJ to Swartz Bay?

Those are the only choices. A taxi would cost approx $30-35. Takes about 10 minutes in a taxi.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: YYJ to Swartz Bay?

Thank you.

4. Re: YYJ to Swartz Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 03:05
Utah
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: YYJ to Swartz Bay?

The taxi is actually $20 to 25 tops from YYJ to the ferry. The bus option involves taking the local bus into Sidney, then onto the BC bus to Schwartz Bay. This option would cost less than $5 but of course it's a balance between convenience and $.

6. Re: YYJ to Swartz Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 07:23