We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

area to stay without a car

central NJ
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
area to stay without a car

What is a good section to stay if coming into city by ferry/Pacific Coach from Vancouver and staying on foot while in the city. We don't mind a walk. We will hire car for a few days to explore the coast a bit. We have to pick it up at 2507 Government street.

I have my eye on a place on Waddington Alley/Old Town--would that work? Or I am open to suggestion on other areas. Thank you

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,161 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: area to stay without a car

generally anything in the Inner Harbor is great to stay. Look at the Royal Scot as the units are huge and one block from everything. Many hotels including this one offers a free shuttle within 5 miles making it easy to get home after dinner or wherever you may wish to visit.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
106 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: area to stay without a car

Downtown Victoria is very walkable. Any hotel downtown with the amenities you like would be fine.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
14,506 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: area to stay without a car

anything on or near Quebec Street. https://goo.gl/maps/ArFOi

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,680 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: area to stay without a car

Waddington Alley is at the north end of the Inner Harbour in Victoria, close proximity to the Johnson Street Bridge (the Blue Bridge). The location is okay, certainly in the historic warehouse part of Victoria. You will be 1 km or so from the Inner Harbour. Here's a dedicated map of where W Alley is:

www.allhx.ca/bc/victoria/waddington-alley/

And here it is on a Google map, so you can see where it is in relation to the Inner Harbour and the hotels on residential, tree lined, quiet Quebec St. On the slider in the upper left corner of the map, use the - or + signs to zoom out/in to see detail.

A = Waddington Alley, B = Inner Harbour, C = Royal Scot, D = Best Western Inner Harbour, (not the palace, but the smaller white building with the glass awning across the street), E = Harbour Towers. F is your rental car location. The walking distances are all given in the sidebar to the left.

http://goo.gl/maps/VGgkQ

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,100 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: area to stay without a car

The location is ok. not great..

I think the suggestion of the Royal Scott was a good one.. or if budget is healthier I would look at Harbour Towers, Fairmont , Grand Pacific or even Laurel Point. .

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: area to stay without a car

Days Inn Inner Harbour is a good value property.The Delta Ocean Pointe Resort is a very good upscale resort

7. Re: area to stay without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:17