We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Airport

Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Airport

There are four of us coming and trying to decide on transport options from Airport to the Harbour area.

What are the flat rate prices for Taxi's?

Are there also flat rate prices for Limo's or town cars?

As there are four of us we are going to pass on the shuttle.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,334 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Airport

http://www.yellowcabvictoria.com/rates.html

SMac
Level Contributor
64 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Airport

Cab would be about $40 - $50. Cost me (from downtown) $40, but that was in the middle of the night without much traffic. Skytrain is about $5-$7.50 (with the airport improvement fee in there). Takes you right to Waterfront.

Edited: 18 May 2014, 03:00
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,825 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Airport

This is the Victoria Forum.

Victoria
Level Contributor
64 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Airport

Your best option is the taxi. Flat fares are not allowed, but metered ride to the Inner Harbour from the airport will be around $50 -$55. Split four ways, it's cheaper than taking the air porter bus which will cost you about $20 each. The only cheaper way would be to take local transit, but that would involve some walking and a transfer along the way and take considerably longer to get downtown.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Airport

with four people, why not pre-book. there are several limo services serving YYJ although I can't vouch for any of them. here are a couple: http://www.regentlimousine.bc.ca/services.php http://www.lalimo.ca/services.php . i like limo services because they wait for you with a sign, you travel in comfort, and price is often very competitive.

Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Airport

Thanks everyone. Doesn't seem to be a bunch of options other than the taxi route.

4 people on the shuttle will be $80 plus and we would have to do the milk run at all the hotels.

Limo service was quoted at $150 and up.

Looks like it is Taxi or nothing in terms of getting a group of 4 to and from.

Toronto
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from Airport

I am in a similar boat except I am travelling alone.

The bus is not looking very fun as the service isn't very frequent and I have to make a transfer. I will only have a small suitcase but I am terrified of getting on a crowded bus.

I am tempted to throw money at the problem and take the YYJ shuttle. Is the etiquette to tip for this service?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,334 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from Airport

Umm ., I can pretty much guarantee that a bus in Victoria is not going to be anything like a crowded bus in Toronto ... if you can cope with a bus or subway in rush hour, you can more than cope with a bus in Victoria.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,825 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from Airport

A crowded bus in Victoria, anytime other than 8-9 am and 5-6 pm? Hardy har har har. But it will take an hour, more if you have to transfer.

Your advice depends on where you are heading? Somewhere downtown? or in a 'burb? I had my first look at a YYJ shuttle the other week and it is nice. Certainly a new vehicle. Probably have a lot boy dedicated to washing and polishing too. Takes about 40 min into town and the driver asks your hotel, then drives as close as possible, sometime to the door, sometimes to the corner because s/he doesn't waste gas going around the block to access, for example, a one way street..

No, you don't have to tip for the shuttle.

10. Re: Transport from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:22
Get answers to your questions about Victoria
Recent Conversations