We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel comparisons

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel comparisons

Would anyone have an opinion on which hotel would be better? Inn at Laurel Point or Hotel Grand Pacific with reference to location, nice rooms, bathrooms, service?

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,119 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel comparisons

Grand Pacific is a couple blocks closer to downtown and inner harbor shops, restaurants and attractions. Rooms are very comfortable. Haven't stayed at Laurel Point.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,133 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel comparisons

I much prefer Laurel Point to Grand Pacific - smaller, more intimate, less "corporate" atmosphere - location as noted is a few blocks further from downtown, but difference is negligible. Laurel Point is right on the water ... I think almost all the rooms have balconies ... a great spot to watch the boats and seaplanes come past.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel comparisons

Thank you for the help they both do seem nice.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,357 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel comparisons

Laurel Point. Get a room in the newer section with a room overlooking the inner harbour.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel comparisons

Thanks, we would prefer a smaller hotel if is nice and not dated.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel comparisons

Both are nice but I would give Laurel Point the edge

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
846 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel comparisons

If you are walking to shops and restaurants I would pick Grand Pacific. I've stayed in both. Laurel Point has better views if you get a view room but I actually preferred the ambience of Grand Pacific and I love being able to stroll back to my hotel from town instead of having to cab it. I had an upgraded room at Grand Pacific. It might have made a difference in my opinion of the two

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel comparisons

Thanks, we were wondering which would be a closer and safer walking option to the restaurants and shopping areas along the harbor. We will be doing a guided fishing trip as well.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel comparisons

I do want to say thank you to all that respond to my questions, it is such a great help to guide

ones travels.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,133 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel comparisons

To give you an idea, here is a google link showing the locations of the hotels, and The Hudson's Bay Centre in downtown on Government Street - set to walking:

A - is the Laurel Point

B - is Grand Pacific

C is Hudson's Bay Centre.

As you can see it is all very compact. And completely safe.

http://goo.gl/maps/hC0Wp

Get answers to your questions about Victoria
Recent Conversations