We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do

1 post
Save Topic
What to do

I will be in Victoria mid July. My husband will be at work during the day and I will need to find things to do.

I'm not into gardens, museums or castles. Is there anything you can recommend to keep me busy for the 3 days?

calgary
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do

What do you like to do? If we knew that, we could probably give you some ideas.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,626 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do

Hi Jaidog, welcome to the forum ~

This page is rich with information. If you look up top in the green bars, you will see Things to Do. Look through these to see what appeals to you. And read the Top Questions to the right side of the page.

Beacon Hill Park is a great place to spend a few mornings. Have afternoon tea at the White Heather or the extraordinarily expensive Empress Hotel. Take a harbour ferry for one of their hour tours as far as the Upper Gorge. Rent a bike and cycle some of the Galloping Goose Trail (red) or the Lochside Trail (blue):

https:/…

Drive out Hwy 1 to Goldstream Prov Park to walk the trails.

Spend an hour looking at the floatboat community at Fisherman's Wharf.

See if the Belfry Theatre has any summer theatre going on. Or Chemainus Theatre. In regular season they have matinee shows preceded by buffet lunch.

Whale watching.

Drive out to Sooke and walk Whiffen spit.

Edited: 21 June 2014, 00:36
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,626 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do

Forgot the Dallas Road scenic driving route:

butchartgardens.com/files/5213/6088/0060/Mar…

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,106 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do

Butchart Gardens, the Royal BC Museum and Craigdarroch Castle are probably the three most interesting attractions in Victoria. We've visited Victoria more than 30 times and still return to each of these almost every time we return.

Too bad you'll settle for less. :-(

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do

The Butchart Gardens probably is not for the OP since they are not into gardens...I second the whale watching...

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,579 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do

Take a day trip over to Saltspring Island - explore the trails, shop in the quaint town of Ganges, visit artisan food and craft studios.

http://www.saltspringtourism.com/

Take one of the many walking tours focusing on heritage neighbourhoods, food, etc.

http://www.tourismvictoria.com/

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do

If you like cycling we have over 100 km of cycling trails, some of it is paved. You could cycle to Sidney, quaint town 40 km away, it is an awesome cycle. You can rent bikes or do a cycling tour. kayaking is another great idea.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do

Also, we have some great wineries and SeaCider Farm - you can take a wine tour. deVine wines has amazing views!

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do

July is big for festivals, such as Victoria International Buskers Festival held at various locations in downtown Victoria, the Moss Street (Art Gallery) Paint-In, and Taste: Victoria's Festival of Food and Wine.

Some of these are listed at hellobc.com/victoria/… but there are lots more, so do a bit of searching, and keep your eyes on the daily listings on page 2 of the Times-Colonist newspaper.

10. Re: What to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 06:16