We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blighty's One Night.....???? Night Two

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
904 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Blighty's One Night.....???? Night Two

Thanks for your vote on Blighty's. Looks like a nice dinner spot.

For another night we would like a seafood restaurant, near the wharf, nice view......any thoughts on Nautical Nellies or Flying Otter Grill.....any others you might suggest?????

Thanks

Karen

Innisfail, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blighty's One Night.....???? Night Two

not sure where you will be but take a look at Dingy Dock Pub

2. Re: Blighty's One Night.....???? Night Two

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 08:05
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,356 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blighty's One Night.....???? Night Two

The Dinghy Dock is on an island off of Nanaimo.

The OP is looking for a restaurant in VIctoria Harbour.

Edited: 21 June 2014, 10:33
Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
904 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blighty's One Night.....???? Night Two

Thanks for the correction.......both the ones I mentioned are close to our hotel and get OK reviews.....

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,578 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blighty's One Night.....???? Night Two

dat has a good point. The OP has posted on the Victoria forum, so probably wants something local.

martyap, by "the wharf" do you mean Inner Harbour or Fisherman's Wharf or Wharf St or ??

On Humboldt just off Douglas, you will find Vista 18 on the 18th floor of the Chateau Victoria. Ample seafood on their 2 diner menus. See what you think

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g154945-d7…

Edited: 21 June 2014, 10:54
Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
904 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blighty's One Night.....???? Night Two

Thanks.........Please tell me if I am correct logistically.

We are staying at the Grand Pacific.

If we walk out of the hotel and go left on Belleville we will be heading towards Fisherman's Wharf. Is that where we would find informal fish eateries like Barb's? What else?

If we went right out of the GP and then left on Govt........that leads to the Inner Harbour.....the Information center; street vendors; buskers.......Is that correct. Anything else?

If we continued past the Info center, bearing left, that would be Wharf Street. No idea what's

on Wharf Street???????

If we then made a right on Fort Street.........that would be a good shopping area.

I hope I am correct.........all seems to be in reasonable walking distance from the GP.

Thanks!!!!

Edited: 21 June 2014, 22:59
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,578 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blighty's One Night.....???? Night Two

Don't be put off by the satellite view of the next two maps. Zoom in with 2 clicks of the + sign on the slider to create a very clear image of what's what in some of the map. Then drag the map around as needed. The Coho is tied up across from pin A (the GP.)

1. Walking map from GP to Barb's Fish and Chips @ Fisherman's Wharf. Note the 3 wharves just at pin B of floatboats. Could spend 45 minutes wandering through this community. If your timing is right, you may see the Victoria Clipper and/or the Coho Ferry coming in or going out, and/or seeing some seaplanes taking off or coming in for a skid on the water. Note the walking pathway around the water's edge, rather than on the sidewalks by the roads. Zoom in to your heart's content. 1.5 km one way.

http://goo.gl/maps/f5Ist

2. Walking map from pins A to E, Out front of GP to the Causeway at the Inner Harbour to the seaplane wharves at E. Don't see why you can't walk through from D to E, no need to take that detour up to the street. G to H is Fort Street, for antique shops and other shops. I is Market Square and J is back to the Inner Harbour and the Tourist Information Office on the corner. Zoom in to your heart's content. 3 km one way.

http://goo.gl/maps/Ssz4e

Edited: 22 June 2014, 00:29
Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
904 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blighty's One Night.....???? Night Two

Thanks....that helps

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
364 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blighty's One Night.....???? Night Two

Just tried Steamship Bar & Grill and had a very good meal and is right across the street from GP.Nice patio

New kid in town not far from your hotel is North 48. Check it out

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
904 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blighty's One Night.....???? Night Two

Thanks....I will check those out.

Edited: 24 June 2014, 22:55