We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to White Heather Tea Room

Which Victoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation to White Heather Tea Room

I will be staying at the Grand Pacific and will need to catch a #2 bus to get to the White Heather. Can anyone please tell me how often it runs and how long the trip takes. Will we need exact change? Also, are there other things to see/do in their neighborhood?

Thanks for your help.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,773 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to White Heather Tea Room

The #2 has a bus stop northbound on Douglas near Belleville. The ride takes about 15 minutes. It seems to run every 25 minutes. $2.50 exact fare in Canadian coins.

Here's the map: http://goo.gl/maps/Vu9ph

There are several other shops in that neighbourhood. It's a bit of a "high street" but not much. If you drag the map to the right, you will see the Oak Bay Marina. That is a nice spot, with ocean views and access to the docks where someone will be feeding the (fat) seals. A day pass is $5.00 and might be worth it to explore.

Transit info is 250.382.6161

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to White Heather Tea Room

You can get schedules and routes on the BC Transit webpage:

www.bctransit.com/regions/vic/default.cfm

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
211 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to White Heather Tea Room

I can't answer the transportation question, but we just had tea at the White Heather, and it was wonderful! Make sure you have reservations. They will be open Sundays in August, but otherwise they are closed Sunday and Monday. (BTW, it is very good food, but if hungry males are involved, plan on ordering the Great Muckle tea or have them eat something first. The More Than Wee Tea was small bites of very,very good food.)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
943 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to White Heather Tea Room

It's worth walking Oak Bay Ave and checking out the shops along the way. The day pass for the bus is worth it, especially if you want to check out the marina, and feeding the clapping fat seal is a must. You can also hop on the #11 on Fort Street if you want a tour of some nice homes along the waterfront.

Forest Hills, NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to White Heather Tea Room

@Breezed: Thank you for taking the extra step of adding a map.

Edited: 08 July 2014, 21:21
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation to White Heather Tea Room

Do you need all coins (10 quarters for one ride), or will the bus accept paper money? I'm going to my local bank to convert to Canadian, and I want to make sure that I get the right thing.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,773 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation to White Heather Tea Room

Hi IlliniTrav ~

The fare box will accept exact fare in Canadian coins. Our smallest paper bill is $5. Coins for $2 (toonie) and $1 (loonie) as well as quarters, dimes and nickels. So one toonie and two quarters will pay your bus fare in Victoria. We don't have pennies any more.

http://www.thecanadaguide.com/money

Ask your bank to include some $5 bills in your money. Then when you get here, buy a package of peppermints or licorice or chewing gum or coffee or ??? with a $10 bill and get some coins in the change. But really, when you get here, just use your bank debit card in an ATM at the airport (or in the foyer area of a bank) and get CAD$ that way. Best exchange rate, and probably a minimal transaction fee from your bank. Ask them what that would be.

Edited: 18 July 2014, 01:15
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation to White Heather Tea Room

Mufti, thank you - I'm glad that I asked! Very helpful.

9. Re: Transportation to White Heather Tea Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 07:16