We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks.

australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Fireworks.

Hi, we are travelling to Victoria for the weekend. I would love to see some of the fireworks but we have a 10 month old with us and the late night isn't practical. :(. Is there anywhere I can 'look up' and see some of the fireworks? Or perhaps a restaurant?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireworks.

From your hotel room window?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,173 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireworks.

I don't know which weekend you mean but Canada Day is over and I can't think of anything else coming up. Butchart has fireworks on Saturday nights in the summer but the gardens are 40 min away from downtown Vic.

Victoria, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fireworks.

You can see the Butchart Gardens fireworks from Brentwood Bay

australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fireworks.

Sorry, how vague of me! I was checking out Butchart Gardens fireworks and just thought you'd all be on the same wave length as me! Lol

Yes those fireworks. Wasn't sure if they are similar to Sydney's fireworks which can always be seen from lots of vantage points. Not sure what hotel we are in.

Thanks to all.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,778 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fireworks.

Hi ozziewanderer!

You won't get to see them. We used to watch them from my sister's deck in Brentwood Bay, but the trees have grown way too big!

And no, nothing like Sydney at all. That is still on my bucket list, by the way!

These fireworks are not the big in the sky type at all, except at the very end and in the middle once. They are more mechanical, with whirligigs and things going off. Still fun to see, but may be too late for the grandchild. It would be a half hour drive back into Victoria as well, AFTER you got the car out of the parking lot.

Hey... will you still be in Vancouver at the end of the month for the Celebration of Light? I don't remember when the train trip is booked for. But those ones will be very impressive, and free! I am heading to Vancouver with my sister to see them in August!

australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fireworks.

Hi Joan. You missed the last lot in Sydney! We still have a date for the Australia Day celebrations next time you're in town!

Ok, no fireworks. :(

7. Re: Fireworks.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 07:16