We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to see

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
things to see

I will have some time on way back to Kelowna, next week. I will be passing through Vernon, anything that is worth to go see in Vernon? anything on the outdoor aspects etc?

Thanks

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to see

I absolutely love this area because there is so much to see and do. I assume that you will be covering all of the wineries and orchards while in Kelowna.

You might consider visiting the Village Cheese Factory in Armstrong or if it`s not too inconvenient, take in a drive-in movie at the Starlight Drive in theatre in Enderby. Although it`s not quite on the way to Vernon from Kelowna, the Kettle Valley Railway in Summerland is well worth the visit!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to see

No. As you will be there in the middle of the winter, unless you drive up to Silver Star there really is nothing worth seeing.

The Rise Golf Course has a great patio and views of the lake, but is only open in the summer, Davidson Orchards is also a fun place, open in the summer and beyond that there are the Blue Heron (Okanagan Lake) and Alexander's Pub (Kal Lake) that offer lakeside patios. The drive-in movie theatre is also closed in the winter so that is out as well.

Having lived in Vernon for a few years, I can say that other than Silver Star it is a really boring place in the winter. One thing they might have is their winter carnival Feb 4th I think it starts, depending on when you are in town. They have a few events in the city that are worth visiting.

3. Re: things to see

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 15:27