We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Night in Vernon

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
1 Night in Vernon

Hi,

My husband, children (16 & 13) and I will be driving from Vancouver, staying at Vernon for 1 night and then continuing onto Banff the next day. (Early July) We would like to visit Davidson Orchard the next morning and are undecided between Best Western Lodge & Conference Center, Village Green Hotel or Holiday Inn Express Inn & Suites. Also, where is the main hub of town? Is it 30th Ave?

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
14,549 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Night in Vernon

HI

Holiday Inn is the newest property it is located next to big box stores and chain restaurants. south of Holiday Inn is the Prestige Inn which could be on your list as it is in the same category - you need to book direct with the hotel www.prestigeinn.com/vernon-prestige-hotel.php

bw and green village are older well maintained properties off the main highway that cuts across the City. I go to Vernon often and I still have not found a hub; I have found that it is not really a pedestrian city so I hope someone else can advise us otherwise.

cheers

cb

BC
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Night in Vernon

I often book Holiday Inns, because I like the consistency, and that they are family friendly.

If you look on the map you will see that this location is a bit on its own, right beside the road. It looks nice, I've driven past it many times.

My child's dance school put on a competition and we used the Best Western Conference Centre, I thought the hotel very dated. I think the participants from away liked the pool area, though.

I don't know the other property, but I would pick the Holiday Inn. Is there a particular reason you are staying in Vernon? It is a very old-fashioned type of place and is not particularly attractive.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
619 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 Night in Vernon

Yes 30th is the main street going thru Vernon and most of the shopping is on side streets off of it but like so many towns now shopping is moving to where the big ox stores are.

Reply to: 1 Night in Vernon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vernon