We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Sledding or Alpine Snowmobile Tour

Stevenage
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dog Sledding or Alpine Snowmobile Tour

I am off to Whistler in 2 weeks. I have the option to Dog Sledding or a Alpine Snowmobile tour.

Having never done either before would anybody have any recommendations. Both sound great fun and Im really excited about that and my 1st ski holiday.

Many thanks

Blackcomb Helicopters - Heli Tours
Helicopter Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Air Tours
Blackcomb Sleighrides
Sightseeing Tours, Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours
Coast Range Heliskiing
Sightseeing Tours, Helicopter Tours, Ski & Snow Tours
Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog Sledding or Alpine Snowmobile Tour

Hi Simon:

I haven't done the dog sledding so I can't really comment with accuracy, but I think the snowmobile tour gets you far higher up into the alpine than the dogs.

The drawback is that snowmobiles stink of exhaust so unless you are the lead sled, it's quite unpleasant.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
471 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog Sledding or Alpine Snowmobile Tour

I did the dog sledding with cougar mountain and I went on a path with a bunch of other dog sleds. There so many sleds that we got backed up and at one point were all jus standing there because we were on a very narrow path that was on the side of the mountain. Don't get me wrong, it was fun driving the sled and I don't regret going because how many people can say they drove a dog sled. I believe my tour was called the Wolf pack tour. If you do go use cougar mountain for either the dog sled or the snowmobile then you should goto visa's website to get a coupon. The snowmobiling was also nice and the views were amazing.

Hawaii
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog Sledding or Alpine Snowmobile Tour

Hi Sabrina,

I was just wondering what kind of coupon you mentioned for dog sledding on the Visa website. I tried looking and couldn't find any information.

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog Sledding or Alpine Snowmobile Tour

My advice is to go for the dogs - you can snow mobile anywhere there is snow, but dog teams aren't easy to find.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
471 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog Sledding or Alpine Snowmobile Tour

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Here is the link I used. If you don't use a coupon the first time I believe that if you do a second activity Cougar will still give you like 10 or 15 off for the second activity.

visaperks.ca/visaperks/travel_results.cfm…

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dog Sledding or Alpine Snowmobile Tour

I've tried both.. my opinionSnowmobiling is more exhilarating... dog sledding is fun but you don't get the same rush. If you opt for snowmobiling, make sure you're not wearing your favorite ski suit as it'll smell of exhaust.

Lamlash, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dog Sledding or Alpine Snowmobile Tour

We have just come back from Whistler, where we did the dog sledding. It was a lot of fun, particularly if you like dogs. The main thing is to keep your mouth closed ! I haven't done snow mobiling, but other members of our party did, and had a great time too. One overturned but was unhurt. I would guess the snowmobiling was for the more adventurous : dog sledding is very much a family activity, at least for the 2 hour trips.

Chicago
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dog Sledding or Alpine Snowmobile Tour

We went dogsledding with Cougar Mountain last week and can't say enough about how great it was! My husband was the "musher" and I, the passenger, but we had guides in front of us and behind us to make sure the dogs stayed on course. It was snowing gently as we glided through the woods and I remember commenting, "I feel like I'm in Narnia." It was really magical!

9. Re: Dog Sledding or Alpine Snowmobile Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2008, 00:16
10. Re: Dog Sledding or Alpine Snowmobile Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 10:26