We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zipline Tours

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
59 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Zipline Tours

My friend and I would like to try ziplining and see there are two locations listed....the Ziptrek Ecotours and the Skyline out at Cougar Mountain. Seem to be same price.....which would you choose?

Also, anyone know of a convenient hotel for under $100 for 1 night?

THANKS

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zipline Tours

I have done neither, but friends have done the Ziptrek Ecotour one. Loved it.

Cheap hotel for under $100.00 in Whistler? Try the Coast Hotel, but frankly, I don't think they exist.

Florida
Level Contributor
59 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zipline Tours

Still looking for people who've done either ziplining tour, but was able to get a room at the Best Western in the Center (Central?) Village--the Listel, with 2 queen size beds for 1 night for $109 cdn. I went ahead and booked it, figuring that was as low as we were going to get.

Any zippers out there?

THANKS! Beth

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
58 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zipline Tours

I did the Ziptrek Ecotour during the winter and really loved it. I was very impressed with the guides--their knowledge about the ecosystem and their friendliness. We felt safe and well taken care of at all times. I definitely felt like they were living up to their eco-friendly claim.

I also asked them about the other zipline company, and I heard someone else do the same--both times the guides just said "That's over at Cougar Mountain" and did not take the opportunity to badmouth the competition. They're real professionals.

Florida
Level Contributor
59 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zipline Tours

Thanks, Gretch! I just called and booked Ziptrek. Looks like a blast!

Beth

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zipline Tours

The 2 differences between them is that Ziptrek, you're in a harness (which can be uncomfortable). With the Skyline, you're sitting in a chair. Secondly Ziptrek doesn't have a controlled "stop" which means you land on the platform. Skyline has a stop feature which brings you to a complete stop right befor the platform ... it put me off a bit at first because the stop was so sudden and a bit jolting.

I found the view with Ziptrek to be nicer too as it's around the Whistler Village area.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Zipline Tours

About how long does a tour last? Do they take teenager and pre-teens? Is there a certain weight ad height they have to be? What about a max weight? I am thinking I might want to go but I am a little overweight and not sure it would work for me.

Bolton England
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zipline Tours

Hi

I went with ZipTrek Tours in February and it was great, got some amazing pictures, and even managed to hang up-side down (never done it before). Got the leaflet in front of me and it says nothing of restrictions re height/weight, in our group there was some pretty big men, around 15 stone in weight and about 6”+ tall. The tour lasts approx 2.5 - 3 hours and kids, depending upon their weight/height, will fly in tandem with an instructor.

Costs are $98 adult, $78 children and $78 senior. Phone 604.935.0001 or 1.866.935.0001

They have 2 different tours both include 5 ziplines and 4 treetop bridges; I did tour 2 which include a 2000’ line that drops over 20 stories, tour 1 is for the less adventurous. They also give you a bit of a test run at the start to check that you are OK before the bigger ones.

Like Gretch78 says the guides know their stuff and given you a talk on the way around about how it was built to be environmentally friendly etc.

Well worth it, even my friend who is scared of anything and everything managed to do it with both hands clamped around the rope. She says it was the highlight of her trip!

Jan

Morton, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Zipline Tours

Hey all..............which Zipline tour has less of a "rough" landing? Going out this month and can't wait!

Thanks!

Westport, CT
Level Contributor
16 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zipline Tours

I took the Skyline tour last week with two 14-year old boys. The regular tour takes you on 5 different runs which vary in length, speed, height and type of stop. They take groups of 12, but we were the only ones at 9 AM, so we got in 3 extra runs!

We were all nervous before the first run, but the guides are very friendly and calming. The chair sling made us feel very secure, and we felt at ease after the first run. The only really jolting stop was on the last line, and they warned us about that beforehand. The whole trip is set to run for 3 hours, including pick-up and return to Whistler Village by van.

We had a blast and hope to get to Whistler to try it again.

Morton, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Zipline Tours

jlbob....thank you for your response. We too are looking forward to going out there. I have had back surgery and dont want too much jerking at the end of the ride so that info helps! Think we will get some reservations and maybe plan not to do the last one. Thank you!