We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowmobiling

Fargo, ND
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Snowmobiling

We are coming to Whistler in 2 weeks and have arranged for skiing and snowmobiling while we are there. Does anyone have any comments on the snowmobiling? I'm not sure who the company is because this was arranged for us by my husbands company. I would appreciate any comments from people that have snowmobiled in this area. Thank you.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowmobiling

The company you are going with is probably Canadian Snowmobile Tours.

Big snowmobile area...although I do not ride sled.

Toronto
Level Contributor
113 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snowmobiling

we used blackcomb snowmobiles last week and had a blast. we did the moderate back country tour for 3 hours. my wife and I shared a sled. in future, i'd recommend separate sleds as it was a bit hard to turn with an extra person on the back.

no matter what company you go with, you'll enjoy it. All companies looked very professional.

Fargo, ND
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snowmobiling

Thanks for your responses. It sounds like it's going to be alot of fun. We have reserved seperate sleds too, so that should not be a problem. I don't have any of the details yet, so I'm not sure which tour we are going with. I did take a look at the two different companies and their information. it looks like a blast! Thanks again.

olympia Wa.
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snowmobiling

We went with Canadian Snowmobile Tours last year, we are signed up again this year mid march for the 4 hour backcountry tour. We had a blast, just the right amount of guidence without being too on top of each rider! Definitely take your own snowmobile the smaller ones are just so much more responsive and manuverable. Have a great time!

Toronto
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snowmobiling

Hi, i am heading out to Great Canadian Snowmobile Tours in revelstoke this week, we are doing a 3 day high moutain tour. Have you been there before?

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snowmobiling

Bring your own goggles and gloves. They have these if needed but you'd be more comfortable with your own.

Your clothing tends to smell like gas afterwards so don't go out in your nicest ski suits and of course, leave all valuables in the hotel room as there's no locked storage.

7. Re: Snowmobiling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 06:22