We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler Ski Hire

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Whistler Ski Hire

Hi

I will be going to Whistler in a group of 5 for a week on March 13th. We are staying in a condo in Crystal Ridge.

whistlerblackcomb.com/reservations/v_761/mg_…

The condo has a garage that we can store our skis in.

I would just like to know where would be the best place to hire skis and boots with regard to our location.

And would it be best to store the skis ourselves in the garage or hire from somewhere with overnight storage? Our condo is supposed to be ski in/ski out but I'm not certain.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whistler Ski Hire

I forgot to ask about ski passes and lessons! We'll be skiing for 6 or 7 days so where is the best place to get them?

Thanks!

Michigan
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whistler Ski Hire

On-line - at www.whistlerblackcomb.com. You can save 20% by purchasing on-line ahead of schedule.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whistler Ski Hire

are there specific collection locations when you use the whistler blackcomb website? or are they all in the same place?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whistler Ski Hire

Try Affinity Rentals. They have several locations. I think your resort is near the Aspens, and if so, you're on Blackcomb Mtn. Affinity has a shop right next to the Blackcomb base lodge. I rented the skis online and their prices were discounted and ended up being less expensive than the skis I rented for my daughter (way in advance) last Nov. from the Blackcomb base lodge. I rented early to get the "deep discounts," however, I found that when I rented for me app. one week in advance of our trip (Feb 16-23rd, '08) at Affinity (rec'd by friend in Whistler), the price was slightly less and this was on high-performance equipment. Go figure. Both sets of skis, from both places were good quality, however.

If you can store your skis where you are, by all means do so. We stayed in the Aspens and they had a ski valet. I would imagine Crystal Lodge will have some accommodation for skis or ask your rep at Resort Quest. Also, everyone staying in the ski in/out locations on Blackcomb, walk down the mountain to go to Whistler Village and back up the mtn. to go home at night (or whenever). You stay to side of mtn, but need to wear apres-ski boots or it's slip and slide. You'll love ski in/ski out. Getting your rentals and turning them in from your location is no hassle, believe me we did it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whistler Ski Hire

Order your ski passes online and you can also get all the info. you need re: the various ski lessons offered. Do all in advance to take adv. of whatever discounts you can get. All this info. is available at the website: whistlerblackcomb.com which someone else above gave to you. Don't wait until the very last minute, because I think you're still going during peak season, and prices for lift tix at the mountain are outragious! I don't think you'll get any discounts on ski lessons. We didn't.

Again, if you're on Blackcomb mountain, you'll pick up your passes or make arrangements for lessons in the Blackcomb base lodge. If you decide to take lessons at Whistler mountain, I'm not sure if you can still book them at Blackcomb, but you probably can. The whole resort is extremely customer service oriented. Very friendly people and helpful.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whistler Ski Hire

thanks very much for the replies. i think they answer all my questions!

i presume the lessons listed on whistlerblackcomb.com are the only ones available. we would like to do 3/4 days of intermediate lessons with the same instructor but the ones on the site are all single days. the ski esprit sounds perfect for us but we will be arriving on a thursday and they only seem to start on mondays.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whistler Ski Hire

The best way to get specific answers to your questions is to call the toll-free number that you'll find on the Whistler-Blackcomb web site and connect to the ski school. Whoever answers will be more than happy to answer all of your questions. I know there is a toll-free number for US calls, I'm not sure if it's the same for overseas calls. There's probably an email address for questions if you don't want to call. I've always called when the web site did not answer all of my questions.

And yes, the lessons on the website are the only lessons I know of on the mountain. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong. Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
Whistler Blackcomb
Whistler Blackcomb
3,587 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
8. Re: Whistler Ski Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 04:17