We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler gondola in June with a five-year-old?

Seattle
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Whistler gondola in June with a five-year-old?

Hi,

We are planning a trip to Whistler in June with our five-year-old daughter. Sounds like there are lots of fun things to do with kids--but I can't figure out if the Whistler gondola 1. will be open in June and 2. is OK for a five-year-old. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get her in a chair lift, but I think she'd do the gondola if she's old enough and if it'll be open by then. Anyone know where I can go for info? Thanks for the help.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whistler gondola in June with a five-year-old?

Here's the latest as of Feb. 7th 2008. It's not posted on their website but

Whistler Mountain:

· Closed April 21st through June 27th, 2008

· Village Gondola re-opens for summer June 28th, 2008 and closes Sunday, September 28th 2008

So unless you're coming end of June it will be closed.

Seattle
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Whistler gondola in June with a five-year-old?

Thanks, Bumblebee. We were looking at mid-June, so would miss the gondola. Bummer, because we were hoping to hike up top a bit. Is whistlerblackcomb.com the best place to get info on the gondola/chairlift operational dates?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whistler gondola in June with a five-year-old?

Blackcomb gondolas still open. Buy "sight seeing ticket" to upload. Solar Coaster-Wizard to Rendezvous...dress warm.

Seattle
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Whistler gondola in June with a five-year-old?

Thanks for the info! Do you think a five-year-old can handle the Blackcomb lift? She's pretty ready-steady-go, but might be a bit nervous in an open lift. Are there are age limits?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whistler gondola in June with a five-year-old?

No, no age restictions. There are no real massive drop offs on the way up, so she should be fine. Although the web site says the lifts will be closed, i cannont imagine them closing with all this snow. I expect skiing and riding to go on until late June.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whistler gondola in June with a five-year-old?

Should be fine. Just make sure she's bundled up as it's a 30 minute ride up.

It's unfortunate that Whistler Gondola is closed. They close ever year about the same time for a month and skiing is on Blackcomb only.

7. Re: Whistler gondola in June with a five-year-old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 14:22