We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What golf course should I play? Other activities?

Orlando
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What golf course should I play? Other activities?

I will be in Whistler for four days in August and wanted to play golf once. I am not concerned about price, but looking for great views as my wife will be riding with me.

We plan on hitting the top of the mountain, zip trek and maybe the river of dreams while there. Is there is anything else we should cover, please let me know!

Pasadena
Level Contributor
585 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What golf course should I play? Other activities?

Hi,

We're booked to play at the Fairmont. It looks wonderful, but pricey. Three years ago we traveled around British Columbia in my folks motorhome for a long weekend. OMG, this was summer, there were so many incredible looking courses. I don't see how you could go wrong by any you pick!

:-) Bobbi in So Cal

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28,359 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What golf course should I play? Other activities?

They open the Fairmont up to X-C skiing in the winter. It's hilly, but beautiful views across the valley.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What golf course should I play? Other activities?

I would go for Big Sky in Pemberton - 20 minutes North of Whistler for the scenery. If you want to stay in Whistler, I like the Chateau Whistler course. The 10th hole is known for bear sightings. I think the course is shorter than the other two (Nicklaus North and Whistler Golf) but the first few holes go a few hundred feet up a small mountain.

Ontario
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What golf course should I play? Other activities?

I see that you may have just returned from Whistler. We too are going for a golf trip. What are your recommendations on courses and activities?

Hope you enjoyed your trip and would love to hear about it! As this is our first time going, this October, I would appreciate any advice!

Ontario
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What golf course should I play? Other activities?

I see that you may have just returned from Whistler. We too are going for a golf trip. What are your recommendations on courses and activities?

Hope you enjoyed your trip and would love to hear about it! As this is our first time going, this October, I would appreciate any advice!

Tuscaloosa Alabama
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What golf course should I play? Other activities?

My ten year old and I spent two weeks in Whistler in July/August and played all three courses. We played the Fairmont 6 times, Nicklaus North 3 times, and Whistler Golf Club 3 times. You can not go wrong with any of the three! All present different challenges and all are fun. We saw more bears at Nick North than anywhere else and Trey's best round (79) was at the Fairmont He also spent 4 days at the Leadbetter Academy at the fairmont and he and his instructor played that course twice. You will love whatever you do!

Vance Rose

7. Re: What golf course should I play? Other activities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 18:17