We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jasper or Calgary /Vancouver by VIA non stop train

reunion island
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Jasper or Calgary /Vancouver by VIA non stop train

has anyone experienced taking this non stop train From Jasper to Vancouver? Though it takes a long time it could be an alternative to The bus (too long and less confortable )and the Rockies mountaineer train (too expennsive though worth taking it, i well imagine )

how much is it by VIA? sitting or economic sleeping couch . After seeing Banff and jasper area we can shut our eyes (or half open them )on a train between Jasper and vancouver we can't visit everything, must select .

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,035 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jasper or Calgary /Vancouver by VIA non stop train

Yes, I have taken this train a few times. Schedules, fares etc are all at www.viarail.ca .

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jasper or Calgary /Vancouver by VIA non stop train

BC has some of the most varied terrain around. The trip from Jasper to Vancouver goes through some unique and different terrain that you will not have seen in the Rockies. Bonus, taking the train lets you wander around to get a better view.

Depending on when you go, I have heard that the schedule for the trip is changing for this route. I am guessing that the VIA web site provided will give you that info.

My guess is that taking the bus will be quicker than the train??

3. Re: Jasper or Calgary /Vancouver by VIA non stop train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about Whistler