We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transportation to Whistler from Vancouver

boston
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Private transportation to Whistler from Vancouver

I am looking for a recommendation for a company that specializes in private transportation to whistler. I am travelling with a family of 4 and looking for a company the has private SUV's to take us back and forth. On line it look like most companies were around $375 (US) each way. I was hoping to spend around $600 round trip.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private transportation to Whistler from Vancouver

I use Vancouver All Terrain to/from Whistler. They drive Suburbans. I think they're around $375 each way, plus the airport pick up fee and gratuity. I find their drivers also act as guides so can give you a bit of information about the city if needed.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,299 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private transportation to Whistler from Vancouver

Hi;

FYI...Whistler is approx. 80 miles / 130 km north of Vancouver.

Best Regards

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,749 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Private transportation to Whistler from Vancouver

You don't in any way/for any reason need an SUV to travel to Whistler but you will certainly pay heavily for hiring one-especially with today's hike in gas prices.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
818 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private transportation to Whistler from Vancouver

I would agree about not needing a "SUV" as a mini bus or van should do. Since the road is very winding folks tend to slide back in/forth in a limo.

When you are reserving your Whistler limo/van, ask for the capacity of the vehicle of your choice, including your luggage and ski/snowboard gear. Although you may book a 10 passenger super stretch limousine, it may only have the capacity for 7 with luggage and gear.

If you have 5 or more people in your party, a limo/van service is more economical than a scheduled Whistler bus shuttle service. The rates for Perimeter Transportation and Pacific Coach Lines is for a party of 6+ is Adults (winter season) starts at 48.00 one way or $96.00 roundtrip. You can use stats to help look for a private company and compare. As such Perimeter offers one of the more experienced companies driving to Whistler either public coach or private services.

The drive from Vancouver International Airport to Whistler is approximately 2-1/2 to 3 hours, depending on traffic.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
818 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private transportation to Whistler from Vancouver

Pardon me, I misunderstood your post after re-reading let me correct to change the cost for a party of 4.

For 4 or more the cost for winter starts at

$54.00 one-way

$108.00 rt

Perimeter

Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Private transportation to Whistler from Vancouver

Recommend Vancouver All Terrain, www.all-terrain.com. Private SUV is the way our family of 4 went. the drivers were very informative and on way back to Vancouver took us to see the bald eagles nesting. It cost us CAD$759 all up and we even arranged to have a bottle of bubbly on ice for our trip up to Whistler which was a great way to start our holiday. I prefer the personalised meet and greet service to coaches or buses and this company was excellent.

boston
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private transportation to Whistler from Vancouver

Thank you all for the information!

8. Re: Private transportation to Whistler from Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 06:23