We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nita Lake Lodge

PA
12 posts
Save Topic
Nita Lake Lodge

Anyone recommend? How easy is it to get back and forth to the Village for dinner/drinks in the evening? My husband and I are thinking of going around Christmas or late February for 5 days. We want to ski for a few days (we're novice skiiers) and maybe snowmobile, winter fish, etc...

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
818 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nita Lake Lodge

We went past it yesterday. It is right beside the train station so if any freight trains go by in the winter, you will hear it. It's basically sits in a quiet residental area and the disadvantage it's 7 minutes (via bus or taxi) from the village. There is really nothing to do over there and you would loose the Whistler vibe hub being so far away.

On the positive it is brand new only months old, has a little store beside it, looks nice from the outside. If the rates are just amazing then try it for February but if it's Christmas, stay in the main area of the villages- IMO.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nita Lake Lodge

Haven't stayed but have toured the property and rooms. The rooms are luxurious and well appointed with soaker tubs. I would say the guest rooms are similar to those at the Four Seasons Whistler but smaller.

The only down side is that it is located a bit far away from the main village which means you'd have to taxi/bus if you want to hit one of the local bars or clubs. Creekside has a few restaurants and only two or so restaurants (Dusty's and Zen Japanese - unless anyone knows of anything else), a Boston Pizza. There's Le Gros and Rimrock Cafe but you'd need a car or taxi.

During the day, you're close enough to Creekside Gondola to ski Whistler Mountain. To access Blackcomb Mountain, you can take the Excalibur Gondola to Blackcomb from the base of Whistler in the main village. Or if you're coming past Dec. 12th, Whistler's Peak to Peak Gondola which joins Whistler to Blackcomb will be opened.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nita Lake Lodge

We stayed at Nita Lake Lodge 2 weeks ago and loved it. As far as getting into Whistler goes, we would take the bus. It is a short walk from the lodge to the bus stop and it runs about every 15 minutes and is $2 a pop. I'm not sure if the bus schedule is any different in the winter months.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
698 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nita Lake Lodge

Great hotel but stay at the "village." Check out the Pan Pacific Village, Sundial (can have hot tub on your deck), Chateau Whistler or the Four Seasons. I like the Pan Pacific Village the best,

studios, one bedroom and two bedrooms with kitchens and includes a great buffet breakfast.

Enjoy the trip.

A

5. Re: Nita Lake Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 10:19