We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rentals and 7 eleven lift tickets

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
235 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
rentals and 7 eleven lift tickets

My husband and I and two teenage sons are planning a trip to Whistler Dec 19-26. Does anyone know if Squamish 7 Elevens will be selling discounted one day lift tickets this season? If not, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and buy 4 day lift tickets while the currency exchange rate is to my advantage right now.

Also, when researching ski/snowboard rentals, it seems that the rentals are all affiliated with the ski resort. Are there any independent rental shops that are better/cheaper?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rentals and 7 eleven lift tickets

Keep in mind that you're going at a peak time when everything tends to be more expensive.

Affinity Sports gets good reviews - I'm not sure how their prices compare but have a look at their website www.affinityrentals.com.

As for 7-Eleven lift tickets, it's likely they will be available as they have in the past....but you would probably do just as well with the 20% online booking discount at whistlerblackcomb.com.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
235 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rentals and 7 eleven lift tickets

Thanks for the info. I will look into affinity rentals.

I guess I might wait a little longer to see about the 7 eleven lift tickets. Right now, a 4 day lift ticket online is $88 Canadian/day. I'm not sure if that reflects a 20% online discount or not?

I know we will be there during peak time and that we are going to spend a lot of money. Since I have time, I'm doing research to finds ways that might save us a little.

Thanks again.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rentals and 7 eleven lift tickets

I usually use Affinity or Whistler Blackcomb directly for ski rentals. I just checked their website and as a comparison, Affinity's one day high pro rentals are $50.00 + $3 insurance and Whistler Blackcomb is $45.99 + $4 insurance.

Smaller companies are Summit Sport, Spicy Sport and Black Tie Ski rentals. I've never rented from them so do a bit of research ahead of time.

Mentioned in this post
Whistler Blackcomb
Whistler Blackcomb
3,588 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Summit Sport
Summit Sport
37 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
235 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rentals and 7 eleven lift tickets

Yes, thank you. I have been in touch with Affinity Rentals and even thought they are slightly more per day, you have the flexibility of trading out your equipment as often as you like according to the skiing conditions. In addition, if you rent for 4 or more days, you can have a "day off" without charge. They will just store your equipment that day. Whistler Blackcomb rentals did not offer that option.

Also, Affinity did day that the Vancouver/Squamish 7 Elevens will be offering the one day discounted lift tickets. She didn't say how much they will be.

Thanks again for your input.

Mentioned in this post
Whistler Blackcomb
Whistler Blackcomb
3,588 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
5. Re: rentals and 7 eleven lift tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2008, 15:41
6. Re: rentals and 7 eleven lift tickets

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2008, 15:41
7. Re: rentals and 7 eleven lift tickets

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 18:20