We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best bars for the 30+ crowd?

charlotte, nc
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best bars for the 30+ crowd?

Have a group of guys coming out there the first week of March. I believe this is the week before Spring Break, so hopefully the town won't be overrun with college students while we're there.

We would like to hit some bars/clubs (have heard of places like Tommy Africa's and Garfinkel's), but are these places only for the under 30 crowd?

Basically we are hoping to find bars/clubs that have people there from age 25-35. We like to hit it pretty hard at night, despite being a bit older than most.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

charlotte, nc
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best bars for the 30+ crowd?

Forgot to add - please let me know which bars/clubs (if any) have long lines to get in (especially Thur-Sat), and any advice on how to avoid the lines. Thanks!!

Whistler
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best bars for the 30+ crowd?

Pretty much all the clubs are the same crowd, with plenty of 30+ at all of them.

Besides from the two you mention, there is also Moe Joes , Maxx Fish/Down Under (not sure what it is called right now) and Savage Beagle.

Plenty of good bars - check out Longhorn, Cinnamon Bear, GLC, Merlins, Dustys, Blacks, Dublin Gate (Irish theme and world beers)

They are probably the better ones for night time, and places like Cittas, Amsterdam, Crystal are good for apres drinks.

There is also Buffalo Bills, which has a reputation as a 'cougar' bar, which is partly true, but you will find people of all ages in there.

There are generally lines on Fri/Sat but not too bad other nights. If you have a hot girl with you, let her try and get you past the lines, but a bunch of guys.... no chance. Flashing money may help, but will probably only leave you broker and in the same position in line.

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
68 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best bars for the 30+ crowd?

I know what you mean. We went for New Year's to Garfunkel and me being 35 , I felt like a dinosaur compared to the youngsters there. But I admit, it might be the music which was not much to my taste. I personally like GLC a lot. Spacious, nice live music and drinks.

charlotte, nc
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best bars for the 30+ crowd?

Thank you both for the advice! Any other suggestions are welcome.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best bars for the 30+ crowd?

Citta's and Dublin Gate are my votes.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best bars for the 30+ crowd?

Garf's...hands down. 25-35 crowd, good vibe...I have always had a blast there...

7. Re: Best bars for the 30+ crowd?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 02:18