We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury hotel?

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent, England
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury hotel?

My husband and I are hoping to go to Canada skiing in March 2010 for our 5th wedding anniversary. We are looking at either Tremblant (to make the journey from the UK less) or Whistler. Being it's our anniversary, we would like to have a nice hotel, preferably one with hot tubs and log fires (in the room even?) and well located. Does anyone have any suggestions of something like that in Whistler, or if anyone's reading this that has experience of this kind of hotel in Tremblant, please let me know. Also, those who have been to both, is it worth the extra flight time to go to Whistler over Tremblant?

Thank you!

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury hotel?

tremblant is not even close to whistler's league, it also gets much colder

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,245 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury hotel?

Check the dates for the Paralympic Games. I know they are happening in March, after the Winter Olympics, so that may impact your visit to Whistler. I know the Paralympics tend to be smaller, with fewer crowds, but you may want to a)make a point of coming during the Paralympics and going to the Whistler events (so you need to start investigating tickets), or b) deliberately come after the Paralympics are finished.

If money is no object, my husband and I had a very special weekend in Whistler that was set up by a friend of a friend. We stayed in the Chateau Whistler (but I think that's called the Fairmont now), and they have (had?) a "hotel-in-a-hotel" on the 8th floor. There was a separate, exclusive check-in, a private lounge with fire, honor bar, newspapers, and a lovely homey feel, and the room we had was very nice. I can't remember now what it was called, but I'm sure if you contacted the hotel about it, they would be able to advise.

The hotel has a spa, and a great, big indoor/outdoor heated pool with hottubs right at the base of Blackcomb Mountain.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury hotel?

The luxury hotels in Whistler have gas fireplaces, but no hot tubs. At most deep soaker tubs. The Pinnacle has jazuzzi tubs right in the room, but they're not a luxury property. Some of the one bedrooms at the Glacier's Reach have private hot tubs on the balcony's.

If you're looking for a luxury hotel, the Four Seasons is as good as it'll get. It's new, the rooms are large and spacious.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury hotel?

As Vancouverite quite rightly points out, the Winter Olympics and Paralympics are on February / March 2010.

Winter Olympics are 12th - 28th February and the Paralympics are 12th - 21st March 2010.

Check out vancouver2010.com/en/…index.html for details.

We usually stay at the Pan Pacific Village which, although excellent, may not be special enough. But there's the Fairmont and the Four Seasons

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,185 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury hotel?

Hi NatWade;

To balance the opinions, you may want to post your question in the Mont Tremblant forum as well.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g182183-i854-Mont_…

Best Regards

Notts UK
Level Contributor
521 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury hotel?

We've just returned from the Whistler Four Seasons. We loved it! It's a beautiful hotel with amazing service. We had a gas log affect fire in our room, and that was only a moderate room (the lowest class). There are 3 outdoor hot tubs in the pool area which are great after a hard day on the slopes. It's about a 10 min walk into Whistler village and 5 to the slopes but the hotel has ski concierge and regular shuttles to the lifts and village so the location was never a problem.

Not been to Tremblant but thoroughly recommend Whistler, even this year with below average snow conditions. The flight is long but definitely worth it. But make sure you go for a minimum of 10 days as the jet lag kicks in with the 8 hour time difference.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
696 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury hotel?

You might want to check out the Sundial Hotel, it is right in the village, private hot tubs on the deck and fireplaces, nice place wouldn't say 5 star like the Four Seasons.

I would give Glacier Reach a pass it can be a bit of a party place. We like the Pan Pacific Village; but, think I would probably pick the Four Seasons if you want a quiet place with five star rooms.

Ali

Kent, England
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury hotel?

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. There is a lot to look at there and I will check out all of your recommendations. Our anniversary is the 26th March, so we might catch the tail end of the paralympics, which would be really interesting. Thanks again!

9. Re: Luxury hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 10:18