We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$99 CAD FAIRMONT thru 31 march is it worth it?

LOWER USA
5 posts
Save Topic
$99 CAD FAIRMONT thru 31 march is it worth it?

My family is planning a trip to whistler at the end of March, We have reservations at the hilton. IS it worth changing to the Fairmont , or is the Fairmont too far from village and other activities?

Whistler
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: $99 CAD FAIRMONT thru 31 march is it worth it?

That price sounds too good to be true.

The Fairmont is ski in ski out on Blackcomb mountain, and about a 10 min walk to the village, or you can take the free bus which runs every 7-8 mins.

If you want to ski Whistler, just upload on Blackcomb and take the Peak to Peak across. At the end of the day, catch it back and ski down, or take the free bus back from the base of Whistler.

can you tell me where you got that great price from - I would recommend it to friends if it is available.

Mentioned in this post
Blackcomb Lodge
Blackcomb Lodge
526 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver
Level Contributor
698 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $99 CAD FAIRMONT thru 31 march is it worth it?

Good price can you give us the rate code?? Some of the rooms at the Fairmont are getting a bit worn. I find the rooms a bit small and it has been years since I have stayed at the Hilton so I can't remember what they were like. The Fairmont pool is really nice, spa is great, and it will be quieter than the village and as the earlier poster said it is just a short walk to the village. If I had to choose between the two I would definately pick the Fairmont. Also would depend on ages of your "family" if you have really young kids or babies and think you will be going to the main village a lot, then you might find the Hilton better suited to your needs. At the Fairmont there are still lots of places to eat without going into the main village.

Have a great trip.

Ali

Parksville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: $99 CAD FAIRMONT thru 31 march is it worth it?

That's a great price, even given the caveat that the rooms are on the small side and they may be a bit worn. The hotel is lovely, close to the village, wonderful lobby, beautiful views.

And Fairmont service is very good.

LOWER USA
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: $99 CAD FAIRMONT thru 31 march is it worth it?

You have to be a Fairmont Pres. Club member, get on there and go to great rates, there are a bunch of dates thru Mar 31

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $99 CAD FAIRMONT thru 31 march is it worth it?

The price is fantastic for the Fairmont property. However, the Hilton is closer to the village square while the Fairmont is approx. a 5 minute walk. The Fairmont is a superior property.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: $99 CAD FAIRMONT thru 31 march is it worth it?

The Hilton used to be a Delta Hotel. They've sinced re-done the rooms. Room are larger and more modern.

That being said, I would take advantage of the rate at the Fairmotn since it's available. I'm guessing it's less than the Hilton?

You may want to call them and see if they are offering Fairmont Gold for. Rooms are nicer (though just as small) and you have access to the Fairmont Gold Lounge which includes breakfast, afternoon snacks, non alcoholic beverages and cookies at night (which if you're travelling with kids may be worth the extra $$).

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: $99 CAD FAIRMONT thru 31 march is it worth it?

FYI..I checked on the fairmont great rates, but it is no longer available. It says to check back the first week of the month.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,604 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: $99 CAD FAIRMONT thru 31 march is it worth it?

you won't get a gold floor room for that rate. Guaranteed. WE stay on gold floors at fairmonts all the time and the rooms are at least $120 more expensive than a regular room. Last spring we paid ( or rather, our comapny did) $450 for angold room. BUT, $99.00 is exceptionally good for any room at the Fairmont... the facilities are fabulous, and the service can't be beat.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: $99 CAD FAIRMONT thru 31 march is it worth it?

Its baaaaaaack! Sale ends March 3, but they are giving 20 rooms per day until DEC.31 2009 (christmas included)! I definately didn`t think twice about it, and booked it for my trip end of march! :D

fairmont.com/whistler/…Anniversary.htm

I can`t wait! what a deal!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: $99 CAD FAIRMONT thru 31 march is it worth it?

Hi all

We just returned from a week in Whistler and booked this special through the Presidents Club. The rooms are on the 9th floor tucked in the gabled part of the roof. They are about half the size of a regular room. I actually gasped when we opened the door because of the size. There was a king size bed and a window seat with a spectacular view. We had a fridge, regular size bath and TV.

We would describe it as "cozy". It actually suited us perfectly. Quite romantic, in a top of the castle sort of way. As an upgrade we would actually skip up a couple of notches to a room with fireplace etc. We both agreed that if the bigger space didn't have more amenities just more space, we would be satisfied with the $99 room.

Trust me, You'll find elsewhere to spend the money at the Chateau and in Whistler....The trip was wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada