We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peak to Peak Gondola?

Louisville
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Peak to Peak Gondola?

Just read about the gondola ride that goes from Blockcomb to Whisler. It is pretty expensive but sounds appealing. Anyone done it? Our family of five would cost us a little over a hundred US dollars. Any input would be appreciated

Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peak to Peak Gondola?

Can we piggy-back on this one as we would like to do it in mid July.

Have been up the two mountains previously, but this was 2 years ago before the Peak to Peak was completed.

Is it operating all year round.

Will they still be snowboarding and sking on the glacier?

thanks for help.

kindest regards

toronto
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Peak to Peak Gondola?

It was included with my lifticket when I was there, I don't think it is worth over $100.

It is cool but if all you are doing is riding accross and back for 100 bucks I would say no.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,556 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peak to Peak Gondola?

Ha! I've just come back from Costa Rica, where they think nothing of charging you $100 (US, so $130 Cdn) to ride back and forth. I haven't done the gondola, but it looks pretty amazing from the ground. For a once in a lifetime experience, I'd go for it!

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peak to Peak Gondola?

It's $42.00 per person and $19.00 for a child 7-12 and free for under 7 during peak season, slightly less on shoulder season. The price is not just the Peak to Peak but for the Whistler Mountain Gondola. There are trails and hikes up at the top of the Mountain. There's a daily guiding hiking tour that's free with the pass. And of course the new Peak to Peak. You can easily go up in the morning and spend the day up on top of the Mountain with lunch, a bit of hiking and the Peak to Peak ride, which brings you to the top of Blackcomb Mountain.

For a family of 5 perhaps it does seem expensive but in my opinion, it's like going to New York without visiting the Statue of Liberty.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peak to Peak Gondola?

Is Christine's open in the summer?

Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Peak to Peak Gondola?

Hi,

I am planning to visit Whistler in June.

Does the Peak 2 Peak ticket (42 pp) include the price of the Gondola from the base of Whistler Mountain to the top?

Thanks

Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Peak to Peak Gondola?

Yep, your 42 dollars will bring you up Whistler Mnt from the Village by Gondola, you will get off at the Roundhouse Restaurant.

From there walk a little further to the Peak Chair, an open-air chairlift that will bring you to the peak of Whistler mountain.

Enjoy the scenery, walk around a bit and get the chair back down; or walk back down to the Roundhouse.

There are several hiking trails (from 20 minutes to a couple of hours) starting off from the Roundhouse.

Next to the Roundhoue you find the entrance to the Peak-2-Peak, taking you to Blackcomb Mountain, at the Rendezvous Restaurant.

I have not heard what will be open on Blackcomb this summer. They said they were opening up hiking trails there as wel.

In former years you could get up Blackcomb by 2 open-chairlifts, have a bus bring you to the otherside and another chairlift bringing you up to Horstman Hut at (almost) the top of Blackcomb.

I am not sure what they will do with the chairlifts this summer.

Last winter you could do a "circle tour" by downloading from Blackcomb back down to the base. Or vica versa. Or you could just go back on the Peak-2-Peak and download the Whistler Gondola.

Again they have not announced what is going on on Blackcomb this summer.

Check the WB website:http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com

to check new announcements.

You can easily spend all day on top, especially if you bring hiking boots, drinks, lunch, bug repellant and suntan lotion.

Going up on fridays or saturdays give you even more hours for you money as they have extended hours and the BBQ (extra charge) at the Roundhouse has been pretty good in past years. Especially after a long hike !

Have fun !

Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Peak to Peak Gondola?

DutchWhistlerite thanks a lot for the info!

9. Re: Peak to Peak Gondola?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 06:21