We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities for 17 yr olds

Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Activities for 17 yr olds

Have posted this on the BC site but also trying direct on Whistler forum.

Want to book a surprise 'treat' for the boys whilst in Whistler in July.

Can you give any suggestions and explain a bit more about ATving?

Thanks

regards

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities for 17 yr olds

ATV - The minimum age is 16 years old, and they don't need a valid driver's license so 17 is fine to go on ATV. You're following a procession of ATV's in a row through narrow trails. Some of the tours bring you out to a clearing where there's beautiful open views of the area. ATV's are fun but not a real adrenaline rush as you can't go too fast.

I think Zip Trek on the Eagle Tour would be more exciting for them because of the height, vertical drop and being able to hang upside down etc., would be more exhilarating.

Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities for 17 yr olds

Thanks - this is a real help. Just one more question (for now) - is there only one company doing them. If more than one can anyone recommend the best and will i get a better 'deal' if i book ahead by internet rather than waiting until we get there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

kind regards

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities for 17 yr olds

There are two similar companies.

1. Zip Trek - the original and IMO the better of the two)

2. Cougar Mountain's Skyline Adventures - I find the harness more of a "chair" and restricting in movement. Am I'm not crazy about their braking system, which can cause a bit of a jolt when it brakes right before the platform.

If you book through Whistler Blackcomb's website you save 5%. whistlerblackcomb.com/reservations/mg_121/Zi…

Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities for 17 yr olds

Hi,

Another great thing for boys of this age could be a (downhill) bike lesson. This could be anyting from "ordinairy" mountainbiking on a "flat" trail to downhill biking, which is going down the mountain.

www.whistlerbike.com/camps-lessons/index.htm

Have a look at www.whistler-blackcomb.com to find out about all other activities that could be interesting for your boys (and yourself).

Have fun !

Whistler
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Activities for 17 yr olds

How about a day of whitewater rafting

or

rock climbing

there are a few rafting companies, but only one climbing guide company (organised through 'the Core')

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Activities for 17 yr olds

http://whistlerwake.com/

Check this link - wake-boarding is really popular in BC.

Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Activities for 17 yr olds

Thanks all of you. I will now go and look at all the options - this has been a great help.

Thank you

regards

8. Re: Activities for 17 yr olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2009, 05:18