We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Toronto
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
overnight parking

Are there any other choices other than expensive hotel parking for overnight parking?

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: overnight parking

The only overnight parking is in Lot 4 but it it really is meant for oversized vehicle and/or people who are going camping/hiking, overnight trails.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: overnight parking

If you haven't already booked your accommodation, check websites like http://www.vrbo.com, http://www.vacationrentals.com, or http://www.craigslist.org for private condo rentals. In many cases parking is free when renting from private owners.

Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: overnight parking

Don't forget alluradirect.com ! Also for renting from private owners, and as Whistler is mostly privately owned, you will have a good choice on this website and the ones mentioned above.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: overnight parking

To clarify the conflicting information about overnight parking in Lot 4 on this site and other sites, I called the Whistler Bylaw office (604-935-8280). They confirmed that parking overnight is allowable in Lot 4 if you are staying in the village. Your car will not be ticketed or towed away. However, you are not allowed to camp or sleep in your car overnight.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: overnight parking

During peak times parking can be hard to come by in Lot 4. Please also note the following restrictions coming up this season that may affect your planning;

January 11 to February 1, 2010 - Lots 1, 3 and 5 are open along with most of Lots 2 and 4

February 1 to March 1, 2010 - All day lots are closed to the public

March 2 to March 26, 2010 - Lots 1, 2 and 3 are open

There will be no public parking available at any Olympic Venue or during the Olympics and private vehicular traffic will be restricted to resident permit holder and Olympic Officials.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: overnight parking

hi sscoolk

I just spoke with a friend who works for the muni to confirm and he said that there's no overnight parking in the village whatsoever in the municipal parking lots. Lot 4 is meant for oversized vehicles and guest who are camping or on multiday hikes.... so who knows. I guess someone will have to give it a try to see if they get ticketed or towed.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: overnight parking

.. more info.. just chit chatted with Louise in the bylaw department.... she mentioned that overnight parking is only for oversize vehicles and there's only a smalll area in lot 4 that's designated, it's the outer edges of the lot facing Blackcomb Way. After the Olympics this is up in the air, as the lots are being converted to pay parking.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: overnight parking

We are staying at the Coast Blackcomb Suites at Whistler (previously Residence Inn) 1/6 - 11 and can park our car for $15 per day. Since we will only use it for transportation to and from the airport, I was hoping to find a place to park it for much less. Outside remote parking is fine as long as it is accessible on the morning of 1/11. Please respond with any suggestions.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: overnight parking

I am sorry to tell you that $15.00 is cheap as it gets. Because of the price of parking and because Whistler is a pedestrian Village where a car is really useless, we take the bus up directly form YVR. Winter driving can also be tricky if you're not used to it.

A free shuttle does a loop from the Coast in the Upper Village to the Village every 7 minutes or so all day long and every 10-12 minutes after 10 pm.

Happy planning.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: overnight parking

Thank you for replying...

It appears the rental car at about $120 (I have 3 free days) and parking for $75 will be less expensive than a bus that will pick us up at YVR. Ridebooker is $58 one way/3 round trips is $348.

Please let me know if I missed something.