We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations in Whistler

London, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodations in Whistler

My family and I are going to Whistler for 4 days in August and wanted to stay at a nice 4-5 star condo. My children are 22 and 19, so I wanted a 2 or 3 bedroom condo. We are looking at First Tracks but wasn't sure if it was too far from the hub of Whistler Village.

We like the idea of having a pool, hot tub and private balcony and the view is also very important.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations in Whistler

First Tracks is located in Greekside, which is not within walking distance to the Whistler Village. Greekside does haven some shops, grocerystore and restaurants, but is really quiet, especially in summer.

I guess your kids would like to have more around. All bars,nightclubs, restaurants, shops are being found in Whistler Village. If you are looking for a 2-3 bedroom condo I would suggest something that is close to the village.

Some of the hotels have suites, you might want to look into Westin and Pan Pacific, Chateau or Four Seasons, mentioning them because you might not now they have suites with amenities and those hotels have large pools. Other option could be Mariott Residence Inn, all their rooms, also 2 and 3 bedrooms have amenities and cooking facilities and balconies. Only negative in summer is that they are located higher up mountain and too hard to walk back up, so you always need to take shuttle.

Thinking of really condo type of complexes with pools the Aspens is coming to my mind, they are located in a part called Upper Village/BlackcombBase, This is just outside main Village and within walking distance. Upper Village also has some nice restaurants and patio's, actually my favourite patio Merlins is located at Blackcomb Base.

Also Horstman House and Lost lake Lodge, both located little further from Village, but still walkable and free shuttle stops in front. Both have pool. Nice location, close to Lost Lake for walking, running, biking, relaxing, swimming. And on Valley Trail and close to/on Chateau Golf Course.

Check out alluradirect.com, vbro.com, rentalo.com for renting condo's, this is renting owner direct; most condo's are privately owned, so lots of choice. Big plus is these homes are veru good taken care of, are well equipped and you save 10% hoteltax, plus most condo's offer free (reserved) parking.

Have fun !

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations in Whistler

Whistler Village North is a better location than Upper Village or Creekside, for easy access to Village restaurants, shops and activities. Check www.vrbo.com, www.vacationrentals.com, www.resortac.com for private condo rentals. Two developments that would meet your needs for pool and hot tub are Glaciers Reach and Montebello.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
110 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations in Whistler

We are heading to Whistler next Week with our boys ages 20 and 22. We have booked a 2 bedroom condo at Pan Pacific Whistler Village Center. I have been here before on a girls weekend and it is fabulous. It includes breakfast and has a nice pool area and is literally right in the village to walk to everything. Not sure what price you are looking at but we booked the Noncancellation rate for about $270 Canadian a night but we will save by having lunch in the room and possibly a dinner or two.

Ayr, Scotland
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations in Whistler

Hi there,

I am travelling with a party of 6 & we booked a condo for a week through allura & it only cost $155 a night for a 3bed, 2 bathroom with communual hot tub.

Good luck with your search

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodations in Whistler

I prefer Village North first and then Upper Village second for condos.

Not all condos have large pools, or even a small pool at that, so make sure you check to see what facilities they have. If your budget allows some of the hotels previously mentioned are a great idea as they have full amenities, ie pool, sauna, hot tub, gym etc. The Four Seasons would be the top of the line. On top of that list there's the Hilton, Westin, and Sundial Lodge ... pretty much all the hotels in Whistler have larger 2 bedroom units with kitchens.

If you prefer a condo, some of my fav's are:

Montebello (farthest out, but still walking distance)

no pool but some units have private hot tubs

Stoney Creek Sunpath or Northstar - pool and hot tub

Glaciers Reach - pool, hot tub (I think it also has a very very small gym), some units have private hot tubs

Just a note with the condo's that they are all individually owned, so not all condo's are decorated the same.

This interactive map may help you identify where the condos are.

http://www.whistler.com/map/

http://www.enjoywhistler.com/maps/village.php

6. Re: Accommodations in Whistler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Whistler